PDA

View Full Version : Fake Leather smell?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dan
10-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Anyone else hate the fake leather smell companies put into various interior care products? I have yet to smell any product that smells like real leather, I really find the smell almost headache inducing.

Passrat
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Lanes makes a leather scent spray that`s pretty close to real, especially compared to others. But it only lasts a couple of days. But yeah the conditioners smell pretty aweful. I don`t see why chem companies cant make a scent like the leather makers have. After all, cows don`t smell like that! It must be a protected trade thing.

Rob22315
10-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Ultima Interior Guard`s leather smell is great.

toxin440
10-27-2009, 06:20 PM
Zaino`s Leather cleaner and conditioner is the cloest thing to "real" ive ever smelled. Top stuff indeed.

jw
10-27-2009, 08:14 PM
I`ve really like the Sonus leather conditioner, I find this brings out the original smell of the leather. I may be in the minority but I didn`t really like Zaino Z10, I found that to be the fakest smelling conditoner i`ve used.

nosbusa1700
10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Duragloss leather cleaner and conditioner smells like leather. The leather smell hangs around for a few days as well.

Scottwax
10-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Leather Master`s Leather Vital is good if you have a newer car and like the smell of the factory leather. No real scent to speak of and what little it has dissipates quickly.

Passrat
10-27-2009, 10:05 PM
You know what`s really god-awful? Those little trees with leather scent. Oh my god. I couldn`t get away from it fast enough! I tried putting it back in the plastic, but it ripped and the whole garage was starting to stinking up with a noxious odor, and I couldn`t find a plastic bag to make it stop... so I grabbed a roll of duct tape and started wrapping it in a ball! LOL

They came as two individually wrapped trees and I saved the other one in case somebody ever really pisses me off, I`ll throw it in their car on a hot day. :chuckle:

mdbohica
10-28-2009, 04:04 AM
Leather scent is VERY difficult to replicate. I have been through all the noxious imitations as well.

There is a company near me that makes custom 100% natural air fresheners and they have leather as one of the scents. I have used it and it makes your car with leather interior smell like brand new again. It is awesome stuff. They are hand made and can be ordered in almost any color. They are scent beads that come in a draw string sachet sack that you can hang if you wish but I just usually throw it in the glove compartment and it lasts for at least 2 months...NO KIDDING:cooleek:.

PM me if you would like to contact the maker, they also have 90 other scents that are all very popular and 100% natural.

Dan
10-28-2009, 05:44 AM
I really like how Optimum Leather Conditioner (formerly OPP) works, however, it smells like fake leather. Same with Megs #40. Megs D180 and 1Z leather care smell great, both just have clean scents that disapear quickly.

Carticular
10-28-2009, 06:31 AM
Z10 for my car is spot on. I always get compliments on it.

imported_Larry A
10-28-2009, 07:44 AM
You know what`s really god-awful? Those little trees with leather scent. Oh my god. I couldn`t get away from it fast enough! I tried putting it back in the plastic, but it ripped and the whole garage was starting to stinking up with a noxious odor, and I couldn`t find a plastic bag to make it stop... so I grabbed a roll of duct tape and started wrapping it in a ball! LOL

They came as two individually wrapped trees and I saved the other one in case somebody ever really pisses me off, I`ll throw it in their car on a hot day. :chuckle:

I dont know what makes them think that it smells like leather. There sniffer must be sick.

Accumulator
10-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Leather Master`s Leather Vital is good if you have a newer car and like the smell of the factory leather. No real scent to speak of and what little it has dissipates quickly.

Yeah, that`s one of the reasons I use it :xyxthumbs

The Sonus stuff is nice and neutral too.

I simply *hate* "luggage shop smell" leather treatments for interiors, not *one* of my vehicles smelled like that from the factory. I want every vehicle to smell the way it did when it was brand-new (yeah, even the dog-haulers ;) ). Although Accumulatorette kinda liked some "Jaguar" branded leather cream that smells like soap, and I don`t mind if her A8 smells like that stuff, at least it`s fresh/clean smelling.

danforz
10-28-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree, most of them suck.

And then there is Z10. I`ve told Sal over the phone that I believe its the highlight of his line. Though there are products on the market that can match his sealants, nothing comes close to smelling as heavenly as Z10.

Quality Leather
10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
What does leather really smell like?