PDA

View Full Version : Detail King Training Classes

DT08
10-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Have any of you guys been to Detail King for training? I was looking to enroll in a weekend session next year with them to enhance my skills on a few things that I`m lacking and learn new skills such as headlight restoration and becoming more comfortable doing paint correction from head-to-toe. Or if you have any other schools or suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks!

Jean-Claude
10-27-2009, 03:10 PM
I suggest you offer those services to friends and learn from scratch on your own. Use the forums and DIY guides as you guide.

What you pay and learn from a class isn`t going to be worth it I bet.

Before that I would even call a good pro detailer and pay him $50 an hour to learn how to do paint correction. Do it for 4-6 hours. You won`t know it all(none of us do, we all learn constantly) but you`ll save a fortune and have a good foundation.

Showroom Shine
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I suggest you offer those services to friends and learn from scratch on your own. Use the forums and DIY guides as you guide.

What you pay and learn from a class isn`t going to be worth it I bet.

Before that I would even call a good pro detailer and pay him $50 an hour to learn how to do paint correction. Do it for 4-6 hours. You won`t know it all(none of us do, we all learn constantly) but you`ll save a fortune and have a good foundation.

No offence ,but I think you are wrong. I attended one of Detail King`s seminars. It was a Great learning experience. I think anyone can learn something from a good detail training class,such as Detail King. Especially the novice,or someone wanting to learn the right way before starting a business. Nick Vacco and his staff at Detail King do a great job. Thanks Again Nick!

automedix
10-31-2009, 05:40 PM
If all you are looking for is some sort of direction to headlight restoration. I would suggest skipping Detail King and putting a kit together yourself. It will save you tons of $. i do not know what detail King has to offer, but I am a 2007 grad of Paint Bull in MI. I went for Paint Repair, PDR,Interior Repair, W/S Repair. My business did not even touch headlight restoration. I figured it out on my own and bought my own supplies. I now do 5-10 pairs of headlights @ $50 a pair per week. Thats not including anything else.

Now if you are trying to learn properly about paint correction - I agree with the advise of ShowroomShine.

If you need anymore info to get started pm me.

imported_DJ Mayo
11-01-2009, 09:56 PM
If your willing to make the trip down near DC, we can spend a day together and cover any aspect of detailing you would like. I believe 1 on 1 hands on training is the absolute best way to fine tune your skills. Everything from proper washing/drying to full paint correction and finishing touches.