PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I get Wolfgang DG 3.0 out of my CCM pad?

Passrat
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I wash it vigorously in Pinnacle and DP products, I wash it vigorously in Dawn, and lots of it, and still when I wring it out, my hands get covered in the wax. Am I doing something wrong? Do you have to actually pinch out every last bit of it to get it clean? If so, what good is the detergent? I`ve got the pad soaking in a bucket in my bathroom because I just don`t know what to do with it. Help!

On the other hand the Menzerna micro polish came out fine...

andrewd523
11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I would try soaking it in laundry detergent with a mixture of about 1:4. Let it soak overnight then vigorously rinse it.

WaxManRonnie
11-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Try Simple Green. I put some in a bucket of warm water filled up.

I put 1 or 2 of the dirty pads in there and sit for a couple of hours.

I thoroughly rinse them after and let dry.

Until I find something better, it works perfectly.

Dan
11-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Dawn power disolver will get it out no problem. Its the only stuff I have used that will get NXT out.

Dsoto87
11-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Dont leave the Dawn power dissolver on it to dwell for that long. it will eat through the pads. Some of it dripped on some applicators I have and went right through it, but it was there for a few days.

Even though it was a few days I still would be leary about it dwelling for more than a few minutes just because I wouldnt want it to weaken the bond between the velcro and pad.

Other wise thats some really good stuff and is awesome at getting just about anything out of pads/applicators

cjbigcog
11-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Dsoto...

Where do you get Power Dissolver? I have not seen it here in Marin.

Dan
11-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Dont leave the Dawn power dissolver on it to dwell for that long. it will eat through the pads. Some of it dripped on some applicators I have and went right through it, but it was there for a few days.

Even though it was a few days I still would be leary about it dwelling for more than a few minutes just because I wouldnt want it to weaken the bond between the velcro and pad.

Other wise thats some really good stuff and is awesome at getting just about anything out of pads/applicators

Interesting, I have been using it for a few years now since I originally posted about the stuff. I am still using the original meguiars applications from back then, they look pretty good, a few are starting to crumble a bit, but... its been a few years!

Passrat
11-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Well I finally got it out (about 98%) with just a lot of Dawn right on the pad and then - scrub scrub scrub. Of course it had already been washed twice before that.

I`ll keep an eye out for that power dissolver though.

Bunky
11-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Optimum Power Clean really cleans pad, applicators, etc. quickly. No soaking,

jam
11-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Dsoto...

Where do you get Power Dissolver? I have not seen it here in Marin.

I found some at Walmart.