PDA

View Full Version : Folex, BioKleen TLC, etc

grungy
10-25-2009, 06:21 PM
OK, I have read ScottWax, BufferBarry and others using different carpet treatments over the last 6+ months. My question to them an others who use them is cleaning differences (Folex is supposedly for spot cleaning) and recommended dilution ratios. While I have used Folex in the home (decent results), I don`t have any experience with the others (not OTC). Comments are welcome as I have seen some outstanding results from Scott and Barry with different products.:thx

Grungy

Scottwax
10-25-2009, 06:59 PM
BioKleen TLC is every bit as effective as Folex and at a 32:1 dilution ratio, extremely cost effective. I bought a gallon off Grouse about 18 months ago for about $25 and still have at least a quart left.

imported_Jakerooni
10-25-2009, 07:05 PM
dang I feel kind of jaded then... LOL Anyways when it comes to cleaning the interiors the method is actually more important in getting the great results over the product. Folex like you mentioned is a great spot cleaner. Any good APC will work. You do need a good working nylon brush to aggitate well. For the moment I`ll assume you`ve already did all the "Dry" cleaning you could and your main focus is on getting out stains and odors.

Baiscally first have your APC diluted down for interior applications (most can dilute down to 5:1) Spray generously in one section at a time. Then take the nylon brush and dip it in your APC solution or wash bucket whichever you prefere. Scrub in small cirrculer patterns. This will ensure a complete aggitation process as opposed to a back and forth motion. Scrub and then take your shop vac and suck it all out. (if you have an extractor use that instead) check and repeat until it`s all clean. Pretty much all there is too getting an perfect result everytime. Stubborn stain grab the folex. Red stains grab any product meant to treat them (pleanty of options out there now) a white towel and some heat (usually an iron) sticky gum or candy grab a steamer. Grease (seat tracks and such) the APC/Degreaser combo will knock out. Really stubborn stain that folex won`t budge grab a can of WD/40 use sparingly as it stinks for an interior smell really. But works great on stain busting. *you will need to extract it back out though as it will leave an oily residue behind if you don`t. Anything else about interiors I`m sure I can answer. There`s not much of anything I haven`t come across.

Cleaning Fool
10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Or you can use a product like Prochem Powerburst, used it alot in my carpet cleaning biz. Good stuff.

Mobilejay
10-25-2009, 08:21 PM
I only use Folex for stains. I have not tried Biokleen but for cleaning the carpets(not stains) I use ZEP high traffic cleaner. That product works great as well

grungy
10-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Scott - thanks for the insite. Would you suggest per Jake`s comment to use the PC brush attachment to get the best results (I have seen your You Tube video:woohoo:) ?

Jake - no hard feelings if you felt left out. I have an `07 Expy EL that needs some attention and may end up asking P1et if he is interested (closest Autopian to me). Surgery sux and does not help with cleaning, nevermind polishing.

Jay - I might try some from HD next time. Thx!

Scottwax
10-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I would definitely use PC/Cyclo brush attachments as needed.

Cleaning Fool
10-26-2009, 11:31 AM
The PC and the scrub attachment is a great way to use "encapsulation" method for cleaning carpet. Simple spray it on the carpet and run the the scrubber across the carpet to encapsulate the dirt. Thats it, you don`t rinse, the dirt disappears. Very effective on light to moderate soil. You just have to make sure you use an "encapsulation" chemical, which they are many out there on the net. I have no affiliation with this company but have used there products for this method, very good stuff. Releasit encapsulation carpet cleaning technology (http://www.releasit.com/)