PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars D180 Opinions?

Dan
10-25-2009, 07:01 AM
I bought a sample of this stuff from ADS, and I`m a bit disappointed. It goes on easy and smells good, has a bit of darkening effect, but... it looks like Armor All. Glossy, almost greasy and doesn`t do much for the leather. Has anyone else given this a try?

D_Nyholm
02-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Dragging this thread up since i made a similar one on AG with no responses. IN the past year or so, has anyone else used this? Is your opinion still the same? I`m trying to find a bulk leather cleaner/protectant and can`t seem to find anything as cost effective as this! Most recommed 1Z or Pinnacle, but they are MUCH more expensive than this is.

Dan
02-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Same opinion. Its fine if you want something for bulk duty if your clients have your average cars with crappy leather. Its perfect for domestic cars as the leather tends to be shiny anyway, but on euro cars with matte leather, its not very good looking at all, it cheapens the look. You can buff most of it off, but that takes time, and well, time is money. 1Z or Leather masters for me.

Junebug
02-07-2011, 08:27 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/132145-how-clean-your-leather-d180-review-pictures.html

Looks like some guys besides me think it`s pretty good, I never found it to be greasy or darken the leather.