PDA

View Full Version : Whats your fav wax/ sealant for the diff seasons

imported_Devilsown
10-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I`m sure this has been posted but I would just like to see whatt everyones "favs" are in certian areas: this is what I use/ have used and like it thus far:

Wax/ Sealant

Winter: wax: 476s /1Z Glanz Wax

Summer: ClearKote carnuba moose wax/ FMJ or Z2 depends on my mood

all around: M16/ 1Z or Z2

All for show: P21s or S100 or nattys red/ Z2

I want to try some more stuff out but thus far this is what I like.

For the winter I have yet to use thee 476s but have read alot of great stuff about it and plan on picking some up and givinig it a shot to see how it holds up. I love the 1Z it holds up great and looks great too, has a odd stink to it but I kinda like it now, So far Ive seen 5 months and this stuff still was going strong. For the summer I`ve used the clearkote moose wax and I must say it really looks great on blues and blacks, have yet to try it on a light color but it looks great, not sure how long it lasts as its on my freinds jeeps. I used FMJ for about a year and just started to not like it the durability is lacking I thought it was going to last alot longer but to my disapointment its slickness faded fast, but it did look great. My all around selection was the easiest to choose; megs

M16 may not be the best lookiing wax out there but dammit its looks great to me and lasts, for the sealant love 1Z it lasts a long time and looks great, I just added Z2 to my pile of sealants but so far... Im in love. My All show no go stuff is a little lacking, I want to try pinnicale or wolfgangs but $$$$$ it just dont seem worth the price unless I get a exotic car or bike move through p21s does the trick for me. once again Z2 I think will be the win for this one but its to early to tell.

What about you?

AeroCleanse
10-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Sealant - Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Wax - Swissvax Saphir

Both of these may change

Accumulator
10-25-2009, 11:23 AM
These days I use the same stuff year-round, but different stuff on different vehicles.

silkstone
10-25-2009, 11:28 AM
right now I have 3 cans of #16, and 1 can of 476S, all new. Probably will just use these year round until I run out.

Accumulator
10-25-2009, 11:38 AM
right now I have 3 cans of #16, and 1 can of 476S, all new. Probably will just use these year round until I run out.

Or until you die...those oughta be enough LSP for decades.

RitcheyRch
10-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Collinte 845 year round

imported_Jakerooni
10-25-2009, 12:42 PM
wax is usually DP`s Max Wax or Danase`s Classic wax. Sealant of choice always seems to fall back on Danase`s paint Sealant. all good stuff

imported_Devilsown
10-25-2009, 01:24 PM
i find this so far to very interesting, I thought more people would use more products than one or two. Now I really might think I have a problem.

ALAN81
10-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Sping Summer Fall.... Fuzion

Winter ....#16

silkstone
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
i find this so far to very interesting, I thought more people would use more products than one or two. Now I really might think I have a problem.

I used to be one of those guys with about 6-7 different LSP`s, different grades of Vinyl Protectant, etc... I tried UPGP over the summer, - a nice alternative when it is hot outside, and you need a easy product to work with.

I have a DD, and I live in a populated area, so my priority is protection vs. look.

Although one might argue that #16 & 476S have unique qualities/look also.

imported_Devilsown
10-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Sping Summer Fall.... Fuzion

Winter ....#16

See your from Fairbanks, I was up there not to long ago for RED FLAG. I must say Silver Gulch makes some damn good beer, food is yum too. I miss Fairbanks. Also might want to stop in The Sports Autority and go to the shoe Dept, all I have to say is :2thumbs: hint hint

craigdt
10-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Winter: UPGP, 845, #16

Summer- UPGP, Z2, Nattys Blue, Supernatural

JimmyCutlass
10-26-2009, 07:01 AM
#16 or NXT 2.0 all year round. MPPP or Gold Class if I`m entering a show. My car remains covered once the first flake of snow hits the ground.