PDA

View Full Version : Hydrotech + M205 combo review

elitemobile
10-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Let me start by saying I have recently got back into detailing (took a year off) so this next review can be total user error; but I would like to think not hahaha

So this combo correcting ability GREAT! Tested it on Nissan Murano (white) softer paint but the correction in such a short period of time was fantastic

Now to the weird/bad part....I got a ton of gumming and it would throw little balls of it everywhere. I was not gumming on the paint but rather in the pads little pores and then get flinged all over the car.

I worked as speed 6 (PCXP) with very little pressure for about 5 moderate paced passes (how I usually work a polish w pc) I never ever had a problem with any cmobo like this before

I am getting some standard LC pads soon so ill see if it does the same thing, if it does ill chalk it up to user error and mess around with my technique

Oh. and i tried priming the pad 2 different ways to see if that would help. One time with a spritz of quick detailer and the other a thin coat of polish then wipe clean.

The pad was clean ever half panel with a pad brush.

wfedwar
10-24-2009, 07:09 PM
FWIW, I`ve found you need teeny tiny amounts of polish on these pads, since it all stays on the surface. Don`t know if that is related to your problem or not.

elitemobile
10-24-2009, 07:26 PM
thanks, I tried 3 pea sized dots, then 2 and still was having the problem maybe 1 is the ticket

thanks for the heads up though im curious to see what happens with the other LC pads