PDA

View Full Version : Castrol Super Clean Tire Gloss

Pages : [1] 2

gregdavidson
10-22-2009, 11:33 PM
I came across this product at my local Wal-Mart but wanted some reviews on the product before buying it. The thing that attracted me to this product was their claim that it protected your tire from dirt and grime which has been a problem with every other product I`ve tried - especially tire gels. They also claim that the product does not sling at all which isn`t uncommon. I checked all over the internet and there don`t seem to be a lot of reviews. Since this is a professional auto detailing forum I`m sure at least one of you has come across the product. Any feedback on this product would be well-appreciated!

SuperClean (http://www.superclean.com/product4.php)

vtec92civic
10-22-2009, 11:50 PM
i have never heard of that . . . . nor have i seen it at our local walmart. I believe that i seen the degreaser though, just never tried it. I`m a fan of stuff that needs to be applied via foam pad.

Even spray on foam products if i spray the tire i still use a foam applicator to even it out and what not.

Try it out . . . . . water based stuff is good as usually a simple scrub and degreaser will take it off but it won`t last as long as the solvent based products.

Solvent base products do tend to gum up though . . . . .

gregdavidson
10-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Any products you can recommend to me that won`t sling or attract dirt? Every product I`ve tried has done this. I want a product that will also last a long time.

vtec92civic
10-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Any products you can recommend to me that won`t sling or attract dirt? Every product I`ve tried has done this. I want a product that will also last a long time.

well, sorry to get so technical . . . . . but it depends on your budget as well as if its for business or personal use.

I only ask that because if its for customers cars you are going to want something that is cost effective and comes in larger quantities.

Some people use Meguiars Hyper Dressing and with you being on the mainland you should be able to source that out easy.

It is about $40 a gallon but it can be diluted to suite your needs up to 4:1 or even 5:1

so you can make 4-5 gallons of product.

I also like Black Magic Foam. . . . smells good, cost effective but can be a little greasy

I have heard very good things about Zaino Z16 but that product only comes in small 16oz bottle for about $13

Poor Boys makes some good stuff as well: Bold N Brite Tire Dressing

32oz for about $17

i`m sure there are a few im forgetting. There are just so many tire shine/protection products out there.

THose are a few that i would recommend. What`s your budget like?

gregdavidson
10-23-2009, 12:16 AM
well, sorry to get so technical . . . . . but it depends on your budget as well as if its for business or personal use.

I only ask that because if its for customers cars you are going to want something that is cost effective and comes in larger quantities.

Some people use Meguiars Hyper Dressing and with you being on the mainland you should be able to source that out easy.

It is about $40 a gallon but it can be diluted to suite your needs up to 4:1 or even 5:1

so you can make 4-5 gallons of product.

I also like Black Magic Foam. . . . smells good, cost effective but can be a little greasy

I have heard very good things about Zaino Z16 but that product only comes in small 16oz bottle for about $13

Poor Boys makes some good stuff as well: Bold N Brite Tire Dressing

32oz for about $17

i`m sure there are a few im forgetting. There are just so many tire shine/protection products out there.

THose are a few that i would recommend. What`s your budget like?

The most I would be wiling to spend on tire shine is maybe $10 a bottle. And "yes" I am in the process of starting a small mobile auto detailing business. The tire shine is the only product I haven`t selected since I haven`t received the results I`m looking for from any of the products I`ve tried so far.

vtec92civic
10-23-2009, 12:31 AM
you like the tires to be glossy or matte finish?

long lasting tire dressing or super easy to clean up?

like i mentioned all of the long lasting dressings usually are solvent based there for will tend to be a little more greasy and cake up.

Sounds like what you want would be the Black Magic Foam.

I use that on some clients cars that get washed every 2 weeks and it`s great. Last long and it cleans pretty easy because it gets cleaned and re-applied every two weeks.

http://www.blackmagicshine.com/images/olm/18-OZ-BM-TIRE-WET-FOAM.jpg

You can usually find them at walmart.

Right now because i wanted to try something different i have:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3615/3345682496_15581d2b41.jpg

Works pretty good as well but you do need some sort of foam applicator or that`s how i apply it.

gregdavidson
10-23-2009, 12:58 AM
you like the tires to be glossy or matte finish?

long lasting tire dressing or super easy to clean up?

like i mentioned all of the long lasting dressings usually are solvent based there for will tend to be a little more greasy and cake up.

Sounds like what you want would be the Black Magic Foam.

I use that on some clients cars that get washed every 2 weeks and it`s great. Last long and it cleans pretty easy because it gets cleaned and re-applied every two weeks.

http://www.blackmagicshine.com/images/olm/18-OZ-BM-TIRE-WET-FOAM.jpg

You can usually find them at walmart.

Right now because i wanted to try something different i have:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3615/3345682496_15581d2b41.jpg

Works pretty good as well but you do need some sort of foam applicator or that`s how i apply it.

I tried the Black Magic Titanium tire gel and it left an oily residue on my tires. Haven`t tried the sprays or foam yet.

vtec92civic
10-23-2009, 01:01 AM
I tried the Black Magic Titanium tire gel and it left an oily residue on my tires. Haven`t tried the sprays or foam yet.

yeah i`m not a gel fan. I do however want to try there Titanium Matte finish product but i can`t seem to find that here locally.

vtec92civic
10-23-2009, 01:02 AM
BTW where are you located?

gregdavidson
10-23-2009, 01:03 AM
BTW where are you located?

Clearwater, Florida which is next to Tampa

gregdavidson
10-23-2009, 01:05 AM
I found a bottle for sale on Ebay. You might want to buy a few bottles to save on shipping.

Black Magic Titanium Matte Tire Finish 16 oz - eBay (item 220466933496 end time Nov-12-09 10:33:08 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Magic-Titanium-Matte-Tire-Finish-16-oz_W0QQitemZ220466933496QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defa ultDomain_0?hash=item3354da6ef8)

vtec92civic
10-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Clearwater, Florida which is next to Tampa

yeah i`ve heard of that. Wow i was going to tell you take a trip down to a local auto detail supply shop where you could perhaps get a tire shine in bulk.

gregdavidson
10-23-2009, 01:10 AM
yeah i`ve heard of that. Wow i was going to tell you take a trip down to a local auto detail supply shop where you could perhaps get a tire shine in bulk.

I actually just purchased this product called Mother`s FX Tire Shine to try out. It has some good feedback but I`m not sure whether it accurately describes how well the product really works. Have you tried it?

vtec92civic
10-23-2009, 01:33 AM
I have not tried that. Not a huge fan of mothers products. Their polish is alright but other then that . . . . . let me know. If its good i`ll try it out if we have it.

Dan
10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
I actually just purchased this product called Mother`s FX Tire Shine to try out. It has some good feedback but I`m not sure whether it accurately describes how well the product really works. Have you tried it?

That is a very well regarded product! If you are going to be doing this for a business, go with foam. Armor All or No-Touch makes the tires look like new with the only effort being the spraying part. They also work wonders on hammered wheel wells. If you want more bling, AA tire gel is where its at. All thre products will last 2+ weeks including rain here and there.