PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Ca r Wash Dilution Ratios for AG/Gilmore Foam Gun?

tenorplayer23
10-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Could use some feedback on the dilution ratio for Optimum Ca r Wash used with my 1-Qt. Gilmore (actually, AutoGeek) foam gun. I know I have seen a thread pertaining to this, but can`t seem to find it again via search.

How many ounces of Optimum Ca r Wash vs. water should be used in the gun`s bottle. On the AG site, there is some reference to their DP Xtreme Wash (2 oz. per 6-8 ozs. of water; then set foam gun on max. solution usage). Oddly enough, the foam gun bottle isn`t graduated (at least mine`s not), so I have to measure in advance.

So, any great foaming experiences with Optimum Ca r Wash and the Gilmore gun (product to water ratios in the bottle AND solution usage rate setting on the gun itself)??

Would appreciate your specific experiences, ratios & settings. Thanks in advance for your input.

See ya. :wavey

gofastman
10-21-2009, 09:25 PM
From Optimum`s forum: (surprised you didnt see it ;) )

"In the tank mix 3:1 water to Optimum Carwash, then set the slider to the 3rd hole from the left (4:1). that`ll give you 1 oz per gallon"

This gives you CRAZY suds, IMHO you could dial it back a bit for standard-duty cleaning.

BTW, OPT car wash is the most amazing traditional wash I have tried by a long shot!

tenorplayer23
10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Ya know, I looked around there too.......and didn`t find it (although, I did finally see a similar thread at AG with those ratios, as well).

I take it you`ve used the gun and gotten those crazy suds?? :)

Thanks.

From Optimum`s forum: (surprised you didnt see it ;) )

"In the tank mix 3:1 water to Optimum Carwash, then set the slider to the 3rd hole from the left (4:1). that`ll give you 1 oz per gallon"

This gives you CRAZY suds, IMHO you could dial it back a bit for standard-duty cleaning.

BTW, OPT car wash is the most amazing traditional wash I have tried by a long shot!

tenorplayer23
10-22-2009, 12:46 AM
.........................:nixweiss

gofastman
10-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Ya know, I looked around there too.......and didn`t find it (although, I did finally see a similar thread at AG with those ratios, as well).

I take it you`ve used the gun and gotten those crazy suds?? :)

Thanks.

Yeah, lots of suds by foam gun and regular bucket washing. YMMV, our water is fairly soft here.