PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning trailored boat or jet ski

imported_mobenzowner
10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Is there anyway short of a lift to clean the areas of boats or jet skis that sit on the trailor skids? I have 2 jet skis and it drives me nuts not being able to properly clean/protect those areas.

northbaydetail
10-24-2009, 10:36 AM
The only way that I have figured out is removing the skids and letting the boat (or jet-ski) balance on the bottom runners on the trailer; just make sure that it`s sitting correctly or it`ll tip over and fall off... not fun.

imported_flatstick
10-24-2009, 12:28 PM
I know on a bass boat you can use a 4x4 black of wood and place it under the hull. from there they use a pump jack on the 4x4. this prevents marring the hull and you can change the wooden bunks without removing the boat from the trailer. this would be done one side at a time. not sure how the trailer is set up on you jet ski but this may be an option. me I would not want to be under the jet ski trying to wax the bottom but you may be able to pressure wash it at least . just be safe whatever option you use.

imported_mobenzowner
10-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the recomendations guys.

imported_flatstick
10-25-2009, 12:48 PM
You are welcome. let us know how it goes for you.

imported_Lightman
04-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Not sure what `properly protect` means on the hull of a jetski. You definitely don`t want to wax the bottom part of a jetski hull, it makes it slide out in turns.

Greg Nichols
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Spay it down with 3:1 water and hydrochloric acid to remove hard water.