PDA

View Full Version : List of waxes/sealants without cleaners or abrasives?

s7n7a7k7e
10-21-2009, 06:04 AM
Anyone know if there is a list of waxes/sealants that don`t have cleaners or abrasives in them? I like to use Collinite products for that reason, but I wouldn`t mind know what other options there are out there. Finding products with a lot of cleaners is easy. Finding ones with none or less is not...

:nixweiss

DM101
10-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Oh my, Souveran, P21S, DODO waxes, Meg #26, Natty`s, S100, many Zymol, Swissvax, brain overload......

imported_Blake
10-21-2009, 09:20 AM
There really is a ton of them. Most carnaubas and sealants discussed on this forum are free from cleaners. The sealants are free of cleaners except for small amounts in some of the OTC stuff.

Dan
10-21-2009, 09:29 AM
The whole issue is complicated by the fact that many if not most have solvents that probably will disturb your underlying LSP.

BostonDuce
10-21-2009, 09:36 AM
The whole issue is complicated by the fact that many if not most have solvents that probably will disturb your underlying LSP.

+1 !!!!!!!

BD

Accumulator
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Actually, I`ve found that to be far less of a problem than one might think. IME (and sure, YMMV) once most products cure they`re fairly impervious to solvent action.

And the "cleaning ability" of some LSPs is *vastly* overstated for some reason, (e.g., NXT).