PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys EX Sealant with Carnauba

SilverQx4
10-20-2009, 12:12 PM
I did alot of searching and i cant find the info anywhere. Does this stuff do a decent job of masking mild swirls and such? thanks

slp123
10-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I have not found where it covers up any perfections, but id does produce decent results and is fairly durable. It goes on very easy and comes off just as easy and smells good. I use it regularly on light colored cars and metaillics and it yeilds good results.

I have just ordered Blackfire Wet diamond and will be testing that on my white 350 tthis weekend.

danforz
10-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Its a decent product. I don`t know the price, but I`m sure there are better available out there. Are you looking for the durability of a sealant but also want to cover up swirls?

SilverQx4
10-20-2009, 12:41 PM
I want a wax that does an ok job of hiding swirls. Not all my customers are going to want to truly remove the swirls, but at the same time i want there car to look very good after its been waxed. not sure which direction to go.

SilverQx4
10-20-2009, 12:56 PM
I changed my order for Poorboys Natty’s Red Paste. Seems like it will do an ok job of hiding light swirls and seems to get good reviews. thanks to all who read and replied.

danforz
10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I had great experience with Natty Blue on my silver car - though it took two coats and didn`t last too long. In either case, Natty paste wax has always been considered great value with lots of wetness. As far as hiding swirls, you may consider going for a glaze instead of a wax. I know a lot of people don`t like Glaze`s because of their low durability + hiding properties, but from my quasi-professional experience its sometimes the only way to go with most customers.

SilverQx4
10-20-2009, 01:06 PM
i have a bottle of xmt finish glaze with carn. around here. Maybe ill throw a coat of that on with the PC first then finish with the poorboys.

danforz
10-20-2009, 01:57 PM
My recommendation with "economic customers" is minimize you`re efforts significantly. For instance, I would do a wash, DA polish with KAIO, and top with ZCS. $99 for the exterior done in about 2 hours = $50/hour. Then I`d try to upsell a clay for an additional $24.99. Notice I`m not bothering with "filling." Honestly, most customers I dealt with never even realized the scratches and swirls were and issue or part of the detail.

If your customer doesn`t care, save your effort.

dschribs
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Sounds like Meg`s NXT would fit the bill for what you`re looking for.

I use Natty`s Red. Good looking wax..but doesn`t last long and it certainly doesn`t fill.

imported_Larry A
10-20-2009, 04:50 PM
If you use Poorboys waxes, use Poorboys Black Hole first or White Diamond Great stuff for hideing swirls.

SilverQx4
10-20-2009, 05:42 PM
After some thinking i just think that if a customer complains about swirls and such, then they would most likely be willing to shell out to get it fixed properly. You bring up a valid point, ive only had a few customers mention anything about swirls and at the time i had no way of correcting them.

Robb
10-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Ill 2nd the nxt, sounds like youd like it

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/4641/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/4641/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Envious Eric
10-20-2009, 05:44 PM
doesnt really hide swirls, but rather exposes them...its a really reflective sealant

Streetlife
10-21-2009, 05:59 AM
On light colors i`ve found that WGDGPS 3.0 hides swirls, of course adding a glaze first will aide in the hiding effect. I had the poorboys EX sealant, i gave it away to my father-in law for his b-day, but i`ll say it was a good sealant for the price. I`m sold on WGDGPS 3.0 though, it`s the only sealant i reach for now.