PDA

View Full Version : Wheel cleaning without hose

sophmeat
10-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Question for you all - once in a while I need to detail without having access to a hose. Normally I`ve been using ONR on the wheels to decent effect, but I was wondering if I could use something like the eagle one a2z wheel cleaner and then rinsing off with the Optimum No Rinse solution in a garden sprayer?

Or would that be hazardous to the clear coat on the wheels?

Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
10-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Why would that be hazardous, because you don`t think you`ll get it all rinsed off? You`ll just need to use a lot of ONR, if that`s your concern.

tom p.
10-20-2009, 05:41 AM
Yeah, I`d agree. Certain products need to be rinsed.

Plan B: Meguiar`s has an instant/QD product for wheels. I`ve got a couple bottles of the stuff..it works well enough and is not intended to be rinsed. IIRC, I found it at Pimpboi.

Setec Astronomy
10-20-2009, 06:06 AM
IIRC, I found it at Pimpboi.

I thought it was Poop Boys?

shadow85
10-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Seems like you are trying to seak something stronger. The A2Z seems harsh (at least to me) and it should be rinsed off well. If you want something with more bite, try Optimum Power Clean. Scottwax made a video on wheel cleaning, check youtube for Scottwax.

jfelbab
10-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Yeah, I`d agree. Certain products need to be rinsed.

Plan B: Meguiar`s has an instant/QD product for wheels. I`ve got a couple bottles of the stuff..it works well enough and is not intended to be rinsed. IIRC, I found it at Pimpboi.

RE: Plan B... I`ve been using this stuff (Quik Wheel Detailer) for about a year and It seems to work very well. Pretty slick stuff. Brake dust is much reduced and no marring.

tom p.
10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I`ve got an intricate new wheel design to deal with and the Meg`s product is often required to get the wheels perfect during the final inspection every week. I`ll continue to buy it. One bottle will last a long time.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_p_3mlOIkFeA/SSc-moSMa4I/AAAAAAAACZA/9WliVzGRDwM/s400/meguiar%27s+Quik+Wheel+Detailer.jpg

Accumulator
10-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Oh sheehs...another QD-type product I`ll have to try :o