PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite in store detailing products

anson89
10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
There are times when your bottle of ONR is almost done and you have 3 more cars to do in the next 4 hours but you can`t wait 2 days for your favorite online store to ship that bottle of ONR. You go to your local store (Walmart, Advance Auto Parts, Pepboys etc etc) to look for something that`ll replace it for the time being.

Let me hear your thoughts! What are you favorite products that you usually purchase from your local store? I`m actually looking for a good tire dressing that`ll give that really deep wet look and protection because I`m actually out of the Opti-Tire dressings, I have 2 cars to do tomorrow too!

Legacy
10-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Armor All Tire Gel, very close to Opti Bond Tire Gel. No sling, wet look, but not too shiney.

Turbocress
10-20-2009, 07:33 AM
im guilty of buying tons of products, and i always tell myself that i have to use up all of what i already bought before i can buy another. that never works, and i always end up trying something else to see how it works.

things that i know work well from the store.

Meguiars gold class car wash (actually works real well for a cheaper regular wash)

Meguiars Hot shine tire gel, goes a long way, spreads good also.

NXT 2.0 wax, i liked the i way that it darkened the paint on darker cars, while going on and coming off easy. lasts as long as a regular wax though

Mothers billet metal polish - this stuff works amazingly well for almost any type of metal. it takes almost no effort to bring completely oxidized aluminum back to perfect, and will polish tougher metals like stainless steel with just about as much effort, it worked better than my menzerna metal polish at least.

and if you can get to a sams club, the proforce microfibers are the best deal ive seen for a microfiber cloth out there... and they get so much fluffier and softer after an intial wash and vinegar rinse cycle

BigAl3
10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
as tire dressings go.. both the AA tire shine gel and EO1 tire shine trigger gel work pretty well...

slp123
10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Meguiars Hot shine tire gel, goes a long way, spreads good also.

I agree with this, I use it all of the time and it yeilds great results

anson89
10-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Fantastic guys!

What are your favorite in store wax?

Turbocress
10-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Fantastic guys!

What are your favorite in store wax?

if you absolutely need something to last for you

megauiars NXT, is a good synthetic wax, goes on easy, goes off easy, gives a nice deep finish, but doesnt last too long. i liked using it a lot as a good OTC wax... its has a slight cleaning ability, as well as filling ability as well, so its a good rounded wax, just need to apply it a little more often than some higher class waxes