PDA

View Full Version : Glaze question

imported_RDUB
10-19-2009, 09:23 AM
For some reason I ordered Mequiar`s M0316 machine glaze. So, now I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the M0316 Machine Glaze a paint sealant or can it be used as one?

2. What exactly is Glaze and what are the benfits of using a glaze?

Thanks

DM101
10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
"Machine Glaze outshines all other machine applied polishes, glazes , waxes and sealants. Penetrating nutrients revitalize all paint finishes. Buffing residue wipes off easily. Restores original brilliance and clarity. Safe and effective on fiberglass, plastic and paint."

What you have is a pure polish. Can not be used like a sealant. It is used after polishing. Then apply your MMG to feed the paint. Then your LSP would go on top of it. Glazes in general are use for making the paint look wetter and adding depth. Red Moose Glazze is my favorite.

imported_RDUB
10-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks, what I was looking for.

steelwind101
10-19-2009, 11:19 AM
"Machine Glaze outshines all other machine applied polishes, glazes , waxes and sealants. Penetrating nutrients revitalize all paint finishes. Buffing residue wipes off easily. Restores original brilliance and clarity. Safe and effective on fiberglass, plastic and paint."

What you have is a pure polish. Can not be used like a sealant. It is used after polishing. Then apply your MMG to feed the paint. Then your LSP would go on top of it. Glazes in general are use for making the paint look wetter and adding depth. Red Moose Glazze is my favorite.

Have you enjoyed Yellow Moose yet? Check out my latest CnB you will be changing red for yellow :chuckle:

MMG is acutally one of the few glazes i do not have or have tried!

Geoff