PDA

View Full Version : Driving glasses? (non `script)

djs134
10-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Now that winter`s coming on (record early snow here in central pa this past week), it`s time to put away the sunglasses for the most part. I`m looking to replace the amber glasses I use when driving during low light conditions and it made me wonder what the Autopians are wearing these days....

Do you wear non prescription glasses when driving?

Polarized or not?

Rimmed or rimless?

Lens color?

GP guy
10-19-2009, 04:32 PM
For driving i use polarized rose tinted glasses.I love the clarity they give me and won`t switich to anything else.

EOppie
10-22-2009, 07:22 AM
I wear prescription glasses all the time...yeah dork.

I just got drivewear lenses, which is like a transitions lens but goes from yellow, to rose, to dark brown.

Works pretty well, however IMO they are for dedicated driving :-) Looks kinda funny walking about town with them.

PatrickGTIVI
10-22-2009, 10:50 AM
I wear Maui Jim Kapena HC207-20 in the Matte Bronze/HCL Bronze finish.

Lens features:

* Case and Cleaning Cloth

* PolarizedPlus®2 Technology

* SuperThin (ST) Glass Lens

* Available Lens Hues

* Monel Frame

* Nickel/Silver Alloy Hinges

* Adjustable Nose Pads

* Flawless Finishes

* Sal````er Effectiveness

* Rx Availability

Love them, and the customer service is beyond reproach. I believe all Maui Jim sunglasses are polarized.

I also have some Persol sungasses that I wear when I break the MJs (it happens more than I care to admit) which are non polarized and not nearly as effective.

I avoid black/smoke/gray lenses entirely. Color spectrum from bronze/amber/etc lenses is far better and easier on the eyes.

mc2hill
10-22-2009, 02:21 PM
I have Serengeti`s with the Driver lenses,been through 4 pairs in 20 years. I recently dropped a pair with gradient lenses, and replaced them with a less expensive pair from Wal-Mart the same lenses, but no gradient. IMHO the gradient lenses are better. :cool:

PatrickGTIVI
10-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I quit supporting Serengeti when they turned into a Wal*Mart store brand.