PDA

View Full Version : Spray on Paint cleaner?

SKY350
10-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey guys,

Need some advice. I`m after recommendations for a spray on paint cleaner. Reason is I want to get into places where i can`t with an applicator pad.

On top of this the car is a 16yr old car, and although it`s in very much show condition, this is its major let down. With it being that old, I`d imagine that the build up would be quite "settled" :-) so I`m after something stronger but still safe, as the car has no clear coat (if that makes a difference)

The other part I`m struggling with is the white engine bay. Again i want to clean it up as best i can. Have tried degreasers and no luck. Paint cleaner does work, but again the type i have ZAINO is applicator based so hoping the spray on will let me kill two birds at one.

Any advice it greatly appreciated.

josephclemente
10-17-2009, 11:02 PM
You could probably cut some old foam applicators to fit into those tight spots.

You could also use a soft bristle tooth brush (I bend the head of the toothbrush by heating it first, with a heat gun. A hairdryer would probably work too.)

For the engine bay, are you using anything to agitate the degreaser, or are you just spraying it on and rinsing?

SKY350
10-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah thought about cutting some pads but there`s gaps tighter than those pictured. I have some brushes which I use but with the crappy spray on stuff I have it simply doesn`t brake down the dirt.

Re engine bay tried a brush but didn`t do much. I used Z-AIO on the larger areas but as said being rub on whipe off its not practical.

Dsoto87
10-18-2009, 12:04 AM
APC and a brush didnt take care of it?