PDA

View Full Version : Detailing inside a body shop.. Silicone question

CarCleanO
10-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Hey everyone, first post.. Been lurking for a while and I really like the sense of community in the forum. I am in need of some help and I hope in the future I can contribute here as well.

I`ve been detailing for about 4 years now and I took an opportunity to detail full time within a body shop that will be opening relatively soon. I was charged with ordering all the supplies and I tried my best to make sure that everything would be silicone free.. HOWEVER, I made a bit of an err.

I know wax has silicone in it. I use paste waxes so I`m not too worried about that. The tire dressing I ordered has silicone in it - I figured I`d just apply it outside the building.

BUUUT, I ordered Meguiar`s #40 for my interior dressing aaand it has silicone in it and I usually use my interior dressings in a sprayer. I`m really nervous that this stuff might get in the air and wreak havoc on the bodyshop side of things. I will be surrounded on three sides by an 8 foot wall.. but I really don`t want to anger the owner. He was pretty adamant about not having in silicone sprayed in the air. Has anyone had experience similar to this in the past? How did you work around it?

I appreciate any input and happy detailing!