PDA

View Full Version : My New Favorite Show--Wheeler Dealers

D Tailor
10-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Check it out if you`ve never seen it! I`m hooked. Thank you Jaguar Fourms! YouTube - Wheeler Dealers Jaguar XJS 1 of 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkZFofG0zcQ)

mc2hill
10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Mike is a good presenter and Edd makes most of the repairs look fairly simple, even when they are not! Being a member of this forum, even though they rarely mention it, the cars are much shiner when they are ready for sale - don`t know if Edd does it or someone comes in.

BTW, I`ve read that the `buyers` are usually crew members or their families. Could be done just to show selling the car within the production time.

I was surprised that they did a one car (a little Suzuki I think) that they could not sell for a profit. It didn`t pass the MOT requirements so they sold it for off-roading only.

Dan
10-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Nice find. I enjoyed watching the jag series but I`m left wondering what sort of profit they are turning when you factor labor into the equation.

black03mach
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
I like the show alot too. Have them tivod lol

AeroCleanse
10-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Seen all of them. The "international" ones are the best.

E300Diesel
12-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Glad to see others like this show also. My fav episode is when the refurbish an MB Cosworth 190... Sexy little ride!

It wears me out to see them sitting on the cars, hood, etc.... All that flashes though my mind are: dents, scratches, swirls...

nailzer
12-19-2009, 05:39 AM
I finally figured out what a "quid" was watching that show.