PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s S+W vs Meguiar`s UQD

racedoor13
10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi everyone,

Just want to get your opinion about these 2 products. Which would you use and why? Or would you use both for different things? If so, what would they be for?

Or are there other products you would recommend over these and why?

Some specific questions also:

1. which is better for bugs?

2. Has anyone had success with either of these on water spot etchings (not the above surface water spots that come right off)?

THANKS!!!!

imported_smprince1
10-12-2009, 05:02 PM
PBs S&W is more of a waterless wash. It`s excellent for a light cleaning of road dust or water spots after a rain. It leaves nothing behind.

UQD is a quick detailer, not a waterless wash and has less cleaning ability but leaves something behind. You`d typically use this after a regular wash to bring up the shine.

racedoor13
10-13-2009, 03:24 AM
Thanks. I don`t think I would use S&W to wash my car, I would use it more for light cleaning touch ups. In this case, I`m wondering if there`s any reason to get S&W, or should I just get UQD? I mean, is there any reason I would want to use S&W over UQD? Does it work better for bird droppings or bugs? Is it better for glass? Is it better for waterspots? Etc. Etc.

Basically, if I`m not going to use S&W to wash my car, is there any other reason I should get it instead of, or in addition to UQD?

longdx
10-13-2009, 07:38 AM
I use both product and like them. UQD is perfect for after washes and quick cleanups. PB`s S&W has more cleaning power and I find it better for glass. I will use S&W if I want a quick waterless wash.