PDA

View Full Version : Ran out of Klasse AIO, want to try something new

Pages : [1] 2

metroplex
10-12-2009, 06:45 AM
I heard a lot about Zaino, so I was thinking of buying some Zaino AIO, Z2, and/or Z5.

I have 2 dark cars (Ford dark blue and Ford black) and 2 brighter cars (Ford Vista Blue, Chevy Victory Red).

Which should I buy?

Or should I stick with Klasse AIO? I also have some Meguiar`s NXT 1.0 and 2.0

I am mainly interested in durability and protection, followed by appearance (depth of shine, etc...)

The Zaino is kind of pricey, which is why I am seeking second opinions.

drew.haynes
10-12-2009, 06:50 AM
As an LSP?... maybe try Collinite 845IW, Finish Kare Pinkwax, or Finish Kare 1000P. All 3 very good, all 3 very cheap.

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2009, 06:50 AM
How about the nano version of Klasse, Jeff`s Werkstatt? You can use Prime and follow it with Acrylic Jett.

metroplex
10-12-2009, 07:13 AM
I tried the 2-step process with Klasse and it was a PITA. I prefer an all-in-one style product. Klasse AIO did a great job with that, but I was hoping for something more durable. The reason is that my daily drivers don`t really need to look great, and I don`t have time to detail them every so often. I do maybe 2-3 detailings a year and the rest of the time I just wash and rinse.

imported_mobenzowner
10-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Zaino AIO is pretty good. If you want to give it a try, go for it! If you are looking for an LSP, I just tried Blackfire Wet Diamond and I like it alot.

Setec Astronomy
10-12-2009, 07:21 AM
I tried the 2-step process with Klasse and it was a PITA. I prefer an all-in-one style product. Klasse AIO did a great job with that, but I was hoping for something more durable. The reason is that my daily drivers don`t really need to look great, and I don`t have time to detail them every so often. I do maybe 2-3 detailings a year and the rest of the time I just wash and rinse.

How about Prime Acrylic: "This formula is tailored for the detailer using Prime as a stand-alone, all-in-one cleaner/wax rather than as a basecoat for further layers."

Accumulator
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Noting that I`ve never tried the Prime, I sorta doubt that any AIO is gonna be as durable as an AIO + sealant combo.

That said, while I do like ZAIO, I find that it`s not really a direct replacement for KAIO for me, but rather another, additional product that I like to have on hand.

I still like the Klasse twins together, with many layers of KSG. I get ~six layers on there and then just wash for a year or so.

metroplex
10-12-2009, 09:40 AM
So is Zaino AIO really worth it? Or should I stick with Klasse AIO?

gofastman
10-12-2009, 09:54 AM
How about some Poli-seal?

imported_mobenzowner
10-12-2009, 09:59 AM
So is Zaino AIO really worth it? Or should I stick with Klasse AIO?

I really like Klasse AIO as a cleaner and on windows, but IMO, Zaino does everything the Klasse can do , only better. I get much more duability from ZAIO than from KAIO. Anybody else agree or disagree with t he durability statement?

akimel
10-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I haven`t tried it yet, but I sure have read a lot of good things about Duragloss 501 (http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=308). It`s an AIO that cleans the paint and leaves behind a durable coat of sealant protection. And the price is right!

It`s sold as a marine/RV product, but a lot of people safely use it on their cars. You might want to do search out reviews of the product; e.g.:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/115947-anyone-used-dg-501-521-a.html

metroplex
10-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Lots of good suggestions for alternative products, but I haven`t heard of any of them. Are they proven to be better than Klasse or Zaino?

Accumulator
10-12-2009, 10:35 AM
... Zaino does everything the Klasse can do , only better...

On some of my outside-the-box AIO applications, the abrasives in the ZAIO are too aggressive. *Other than that*, yeah...I basically agree. But in those (perhaps weird) cases it can be a big enough issue that the ZAIO will never completely replace the KAIO for me.

I get much more duability from ZAIO than from KAIO. Anybody else agree or disagree with t he durability statement?

I got *somewhat* better durability from the ZAIO but it was nothing like what others here have reported :nixweiss When the KAIO test area needed redone the ZAIO area was getting sufficiently iffy that I just redid them both.

imported_mobenzowner
10-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Good point Accumulator regarding the abrasives in ZAIO. I do find them to be pretty mild, but abrasive none the less.........

imported_NRZ
10-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I once in awhile reach for Poorboys AIO and really like how easy it it is to use. It seems like last a while and smells great. Can`t beat the price either.