PDA

View Full Version : I`m out of my slump

spacemonkey
12-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey every one.I kinda lost interest in detailing our civic after half my town door dinged it.My wif worked at the mall part time and no matter how far out she parked seems like everyone in town took turns on the poor car.But I am ready with a new canvas.

G35stilez
12-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Sweet deal!

How do you like the seating arrangements :)?

What are your plans (detailing wise) for the Element?

Mikeyc
12-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Congrats!! There`s nothing like buying a new car to get you out of a detailing slump.

spacemonkey
12-02-2005, 11:42 PM
As soon as I make room in the garage.
wash megs nxt
clay
wash
pb ssr2.5
pb ssr1

Does that sound good for silver?Not sure what to use on the plastic panels yet.I want it to look new not greasy.I`m still fairly new to detailing so I have not gotten to try out any of the good products.Untill I ordered my pb`s and upp I always just used otc stuff.Any recommedations would be greatly appreciated.

Mikeyc
12-03-2005, 12:05 AM
As soon as I make room in the garage.
wash megs nxt
clay
wash
pb ssr2.5
pb ssr1

Does that sound good for silver?Not sure what to use on the plastic panels yet.I want it to look new not greasy.I`m still fairly new to detailing so I have not gotten to try out any of the good products.Untill I ordered my pb`s and upp I always just used otc stuff.Any recommedations would be greatly appreciated.

If this is a brand new car you don`t need the SSR2.5 you could go right to the SSR1. Unless of course your dealer installed bad swirls in your car. A lot of dealers do that free of charge and they say customer service is dead :stuart:

pt91
12-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Nice. Is that shoreline mist or magnesium metallic? Either way UPP should be great.

I bought a new one a few weeks ago and used FMJ, but it is all black pearl.
I am using PB trim restorer on the trim, but I have a lot less trim on my EX-P.

Be warned there are a lot of nooks and crevices on the E! I am going to start blowing the water off after washing. If not it drips for days.

If you aren`t a member, check this site (http://www.elementownersclub.com/).

Be careful of door dings on this one. The doors are prone to them even though the fenders aren`t.

DetailQueen
12-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Monkey I would use 303 protectant on those panels

Beercan31
12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Congratulations on your new car/truck/van. My wife loves her`s, it`s Galapagos green and she calls it her Turtle.

Antonio Waxer
12-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Good Luck on the new Element

I would not use a dressing on the plastic, but use a good non-carnauba QD to keep it clean and new looking. The plastic on the Honda always seem to streak after getting wet with dressings.

spacemonkey
12-04-2005, 08:51 AM
thanks for the replys.It`s satin silver metallic.Is megs #40 any good for the outer panels?I would like to order some new stuff. But no one will be here during the day.Living in kansas I don`t know about product sitting on my porch in 20* weather.Does the 303 dry flat or or does it shine?

Hry pt91 thanks for the link.