PDA

View Full Version : New griots garage polisher or new pcxp???

jose206
10-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Which of these two machines is best at its intended purpose as a da? on paper it seems that griots would be the better of the two. Whats your guys opinion? any of you tested both before?

rwisejr
10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I have the XP but the Griot`s is getting really great feedback .You can`t lose either way

Dunncsu
10-09-2009, 09:13 PM
i have used the Griots new machine a ton.

I love it and would pick it over my pc any day of the week. Although i have an older version onte PC

jsilas
10-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Griot`s DA polisher here - lots of use, been a great worker. I`m totally happy with mine (though I cannot compare as I`ve not used the PC)

BigAl3
10-09-2009, 10:18 PM
though handling and operating the griots would be choice, i wish someone would post a video of it in action on all speeds so we can get an idea what it`s like...

jose206
10-09-2009, 11:21 PM
From reading both of the descriptions on autogeek, it almost seems like they are saying that griots is better because you can apply allot of pressure to it without bogging down...Im assuming that helps when it comes to doing correction on harder clear coats. Could I still use the griots da with the carpet brush attachments? I might consider selling the pcxp I just got today if it turns out griots is the way to go when it comes to quality and price.

rwisejr
10-10-2009, 06:59 AM
From reading both of the descriptions on autogeek, it almost seems like they are saying that griots is better because you can apply allot of pressure to it without bogging down...Im assuming that helps when it comes to doing correction on harder clear coats. Could I still use the griots da with the carpet brush attachments? I might consider selling the pcxp I just got today if it turns out griots is the way to go when it comes to quality and price.

Yes you can use anything that you use on the PC

imported_mobenzowner
10-10-2009, 08:04 AM
I had the old 7424 and just got the new Griot`s. I love the Griot`s so far. It is a bit different from what I am used to as far as the on/off switch location. BTW, I also have a flex da. Probably will only use the flex for heavy polishing.

Accumulator
10-10-2009, 09:25 AM
mobenzowner- That Flex/Griot`s combo oughta be pretty good :xyxthumbs

imported_mobenzowner
10-10-2009, 09:49 AM
mobenzowner- That Flex/Griot`s combo oughta be pretty good :xyxthumbs

It`s definitely all I need. I`m just an enthusiast, not a pro, so it`s all my skills can handle:chuckle: