PDA

View Full Version : Any Pressure Washer PROS / JUNKIES in the house ?

pingable
10-07-2009, 06:10 PM
I am not a pw pump guru. Maybe DF can chime in here.....between the various pump brands/models....

Anyhow, I am very tempted to pick this up not because I really need it - it would be nice to have as a backp, but it`s SOOO CHEAP.

2750 PSI Cat Pump, measly 2.5 gallons, Leeson 5 amp motor, 220/25 .

The rest I don`t care about but hose, cart on wheels, etc, bleh all included..

The pump is where the $$ is it, but based on what I see, this is Cat`s cheaper pump....

It`s a Cat 3DNX.

Between just the pump and engine if I was to DIY, that`s the $400 right there...

All for a whopping $400 Brand New. Power Outlet is not a issue on my end.

So tempted.....

GlossyTundra
10-07-2009, 06:29 PM
When I was looking for pumps, CAT was actually not recommended by most PW supply stores here. They said while they work well and are very durable, when something does go wrong, the parts are extremely expensive. General is what is popular in my area, and I have 3 of them and love everything about each pump.

That being said, $400 for a 2.5gpm 2700psi PW is a steal with any type of pump, no matter the brand.

pingable
10-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Everyone will have their own theory and I am NO expert. I was taught that you should never use the unloader valve and just stand further back or a wider fan tip.

Do you guys share the same theory....

David Fermani
10-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Get it!!! I know several coin operated car wash owners that swear by CAT pumps. I have one and it`s never gone down yet after many years of abuse. :geez

When I was looking for pumps, CAT was actually not recommended by most PW supply stores here. They said while they work well and are very durable, when something does go wrong, the parts are extremely expensive.

Kinda like any high end luxury car. Great quality, but not cheap to fix.

pingable
10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I have a camspray 1500ADE and a full blown 4GPM, 4K PSI Cat/Honda gas in the house. I`ve been thinking about new ventures....and yes, the electric may be nice to have if (cough cough) I was to get into any auto related business....

I guess I shall pick it up tomorrow as I was 80% planning to do already.

imported_MBenz
10-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Sounds like a good plan. CAT pumps are good, better then most and at that price how could you pass it up. IME though, General Pumps are the best.

Good Luck!

SuperBee364
10-12-2009, 06:37 AM
I am not a pw pump guru. Maybe DF can chime in here.....between the various pump brands/models....

Anyhow, I am very tempted to pick this up not because I really need it - it would be nice to have as a backp, but it`s SOOO CHEAP.

2750 PSI Cat Pump, measly 2.5 gallons, Leeson 5 amp motor, 220/25 .

The rest I don`t care about but hose, cart on wheels, etc, bleh all included..

The pump is where the $$ is it, but based on what I see, this is Cat`s cheaper pump....

It`s a Cat 3DNX.

Between just the pump and engine if I was to DIY, that`s the $400 right there...

All for a whopping $400 Brand New. Power Outlet is not a issue on my end.

So tempted.....

I`m a closet PW fan. And I`d buy that in a New York minute if I was in the market. I`d expect to pay 650 or better for that rig.

pingable
10-12-2009, 06:46 AM
It was indeed a steal of a deal....

Stainless Plugs/ Couplers.

Even adding the GFCI Cord/Plug (at least $150`ish off the top of my head) and the damm cart with wheel. I could not have even built it myself for at least a good chunk of change

It`s now sitting under a equipment tarp/cover as a standby......