PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Wash & The Water Police

Pages : [1] 2

imported_admin
10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
As I recently mentioned in another thread on waterless car washing, my town recently voted to enforce the EPA`s surface water pollution laws. One of the big concerns was rinsing off boats and PWCs, where the run off goes into storm drains. However, it also includes cars and irrigation. We now have a zero runoff from private property onto public property.

As I see my neighbors washing their cars the old way, I`m now taking the time to teach them a new way. As they quickly learn, the new way is faster and easier.

Please excuse my audio quality. I taped this during morning rush hour along the coast hwy (lots of noise from both traffic and the ocean, and a sensitive mic).

YouTube - Waterless Car Wash Part 1

The second half shows how to do tires and wheels without a hose.

YouTube - Waterless Car Wash Part 2 - www.hdcarcare.com

One of the things I didn`t mention in the second video is that your bucket of rinse water (the bucket we used to rinse the HD ECOWIPES) is safe to pour out on your lawn or in the flower beds. That`s exactly what Joy did when she was finished. The diluted HD TOTAL will not harm the lawn.

BigAl3
10-07-2009, 01:50 PM
nice david :2thumbs: ! maybe for part 3, you can show her how to use HD UNO with the PC... :D

imported_admin
10-07-2009, 01:52 PM
She`d love that!

I`m surrounded by single women. I think I will host a neighborhood free waterless wash bikini day.

BigAl3
10-07-2009, 01:54 PM
She`d love that!

I`m surrounded by single women. I think I will host a neighborhood free waterless wash bikini day.

call me when you do, though i live in the inland empire... i`ll make the drive! :cooleek: :chuckle:

Bert
10-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Good video David. When cleaning the ecowipes, does it need to be soapy water or will cleaning them with just water work fine since the wipes already have the HD Total cleaner on it?

Bert
10-07-2009, 02:04 PM
She`d love that!

Don`t forget the video camera!!!!

imported_admin
10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Good video David. When cleaning the ecowipes, does it need to be soapy water or will cleaning them with just water work fine since the wipes already have the HD Total cleaner on it?

Ah, good observation. Joy already had a bucket of soapy water made up for washing her RAV4, but fresh water will do just fine. The HD TOTAL does a very good job of breaking down the brake dust and grime, so it rinses right out of the ECOWIPES.

At first blush, the ECOWIPES look too thin to be as absorbent and durable as they are. These towels will save your nice microfibers from getting all stained when you need to clean and wipe greasy, dirty, nasty areas.

offcenter
10-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Excellent work David:goodjob The power of the video is incredible. Much better that any written paragraph or blurb. Plus the fact that you showed your neighbor the technique and then let her do the cleaning, proves than anyone can use these products. I need to order some HD products and show the videos to my wife so she can keep her Civic clean:bigups

hhuynh14
10-07-2009, 02:54 PM
awesome video.....:bigups

imported_admin
10-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks, guys. I purchased two Flip UltraHD video cameras from Amazon to start making how-to videos:

Amazon.com: Flip UltraHD Camcorder, 120 Minutes (Black): Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/Flip-UltraHD-Camcorder-Minutes-Black/dp/B0023B14TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254950244&sr=8-1)

These things work great. For $160 they are a pretty good deal, too.

offcenter
10-07-2009, 04:27 PM
I just ordered the HD Waterless Wash kit

imported_admin
10-07-2009, 04:35 PM
I just ordered the HD Waterless Wash kit

Thank you! The warehouse has you packed out... the goods are on the way! :woot2:

offcenter
10-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you! The warehouse has you packed out... the goods are on the way! :woot2:

My garage is getting packed out with detailing goodies:laugh:

Pats300zx
10-07-2009, 05:24 PM

I booking my tickets now for this event :)

Flashtime
10-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Wow! Those are great! She gotta a sexy voice too... :)