PDA

View Full Version : CG Odor Removers

RogueM3
10-07-2009, 08:34 AM
I am checking out the Detailed Image site and am trying to decide between CG`s (2) products for odor elimination:

1) Extreme Offensive Odor Eliminator = Chemical Guys Extreme Offensive Odor Eliminator - Concentrated - 16 oz | Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemical-Guys-M31/Extreme-Offensive-Odor-Eliminator-Concentrated-P191/16-oz-S1/)

2) CG So-Fast Odor Eliminator = Chemical Guys Sofast Odor Eater - 16 oz | Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemical-Guys-M31/Sofast-Odor-Eater-P190/16-oz-S1/)

As a context, I recently bought a used car with cloth interior and during the test drive it smelled fine, but upon delivery it smells kind of like Body Odor or a gym bag (take your pick... :(). I already used my LGCM on the mats and that didn`t seem to have much of an effect. I also placed a bowl of vinegar in the car overnight (I have had huge success in the past with this) and while the smell is greatly reduced, its still faintly there.

Can anyone let me know which of the above might be my better option?

Thanks!

RogueM3
10-07-2009, 06:38 PM
For those curious, I called CG and was told they are roughly the same, but for their scents:

So Fast = Apple

Offensive Odor Eliminator = Orange

zhp43867
01-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Hey, thanks for this information, I was searching for a comparison; very helpful!

Jokeman
01-28-2012, 09:22 AM
I have both. The So-Fast has a very strong scent. The Offensive has a mild more pleasant citrus scent. I dont use the So-Fast anymore. Offensive is much better.

NemesisM5
01-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Had a friends car which smelled horrid inside, it was a old convertible with damaged seals and a broken window. In the fall, leaves fell inside, snow covered the whole thing, and when spring came, it all melted, half got inside, then came the sun. Et voila. Years of dirt + leaves + creepy-crawleys + moisture and boy it smelled horid. After washing the upholstry, I got those home use anti-tobacco spray cans (Febreze), taped 3 cans together, blocked their valves in the open position, put them in a box so they pointed up, set the air vents to closed-circuit and to max warm. Closed the doors and waited 30minutes. After that, I sprayed it all down with Megs Car Odor Eliminator.

After an entire afternoon with everything opened, and a decontamination of the air vents courtesy of Liqui-Moly Klima-Fresh, the car had a very neutral scent, with a hint of Febreze and Klima-Fresh.

EDIT:

Trust me, the smell is not only in the upholstery, but also in the air vents. Get those cleaned/sanitized too. Most places that service car a/c also have a little machine (forgot the name) that ionizes a anti-bacterial/anti-odor chemical that circulates throughout the vent system.