PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L Need to protect interior

Jim Svarz
10-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Hello eveyone my first post and first time visiting forum. I live in Naperville, Il near Chicago.

I just picked up my new CR-V last night and of xourse I was offered a Protection Package that I could not justify beased on like >$1000.00. Since I enjoy maintaining my cars (althought I don`t know a lot), I passed on this. I usually wash my cars every week and wax them a few times a year.

So this is my first new car, and the leather etc., is obviously very clean, and has a very mat finish, almost like it needs some kind of treatment. So I am looking for some advice on how to proceed on protecting the pristine state of the dash, leather seats and carpet.

I read that the Aerospace treatment is a good one generally but they specify it for "Finished Leather". I assume the leather in my Honda is finished, but it never hurts to ask. This also seems to be a very good to excellent protectant for Vinyl(s) such as the dash and other trim like the door sills etc.

I am also concerned about the exterior. I fine the Meguiar products widely availabe at autoparts stores etc. and may end up using these for convenience. So the paint is at best 2 weeks old. (Car was just built to order). Is there an induction period or aging period before I should apply a treatment like one of the polymer based liquid products.

And of course the carpeting. Is "Scotchguard" considered acceptable for treatment to prevent stains etc. ??

Any advice/ feedback will be considered carefully and respectfully. I am a long time chemist and have broad background in matter smith undertakings.

Best Regards,

Jim Svarz