PDA

View Full Version : Microtex MF Towel Difference?

Malachi71
12-01-2005, 12:21 PM
I was checking out the microfiber towels at Wal Mart and noticed there are two different kinds available and both are made by MicroTex.

One was called Microfiber Cleaning Towels (8 pack-blue in color).

The second was a Suede Microfiber Towel (3 pack-tan in color).

For those of you who may have used these two types, which would be better for removing wax and for polishing or would both be equally sufficient?

Member0001
12-01-2005, 12:44 PM
skip the microtex (the large drying towel is nice though) and go to your local sams club and pick a pack of the hometex microfibers. they are actually pretty nice and for around $10 you can`t go wrong.

joyriide1113
12-01-2005, 01:27 PM
bump on the drying towel. super plush! just fold the dges.

Member0001
12-03-2005, 08:48 PM
bump on the drying towel. super plush! just fold the dges.

wait till you see the new gold Viking microfiber drying towel (way bigger than the blue 16x24 out now) that comes out early next year! :yes:

onemeanmachine
12-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Well, I`ve never seen any tan MF`s at the Walmarts near me, but I do use the blue ones regularly (for interiors and wheels only though). As has already been posted the big drying towel does happen to be pretty plush and I have a couple that I use often and enjoy. I stick primarily to PB MegaPlush MF`s (LOVE THEM!)for pretty much everything else.

glen22
01-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Well I`m not up for buying my towels that will be gliding over my paint from Walmart or Sams but can anybody tell me what is the best " DRYING TOWEL"?

John U
01-28-2006, 10:16 AM
can anybody tell me what is the best " DRYING TOWEL"?

Glen,
I like many others have a collection of various Waffle Weave Micro Fiber drying towels. This Supreme Guzzler in the 20"x40" size is my favorite for softness. My other WW`s are now used on door jams/wheels. Yep, a lot of $6.00 towels out there but this one when on sale for $12.00 is my favorite.

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-waffle-weave.html

Later,
JU

joe.p
01-28-2006, 10:27 AM
Glen,
I like many others have a collection of various Waffle Weave Micro Fiber drying towels. This Supreme Guzzler in the 20"x40" size is my favorite for softness. My other WW`s are now used on door jams/wheels. Yep, a lot of $6.00 towels out there but this one when on sale for $12.00 is my favorite.

Later,
JU
I have to agree on the Cobra WW . I know someone who purchased the Cobra WW and it beats any one that i own hands down.IMO stayaway from the Meguiars WW i own one and i don`t like it not even after i washed it..Too abrassive.

CharlesW
01-28-2006, 10:51 AM
IMO stayaway from the Meguiars WW i own one and i don`t like it not even after i washed it..Too abrassive.Interesting. I have a couple of the Meg`s WW drying towels and I also thought they felt hard/stiff. In actual use, they seemed to work fine.
Joe, did you see damage from them or was it just the feel of them?

As an aside, our local Wal*Mart no longer has the 6.5 sq. ft. blue MF. It has been missing for a few weeks and I don`t know if they are out of stock or no longer handling them.
They probably beat the supplier down so much on price that he went broke.

Charles

joe.p
01-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Interesting. I have a couple of the Meg`s WW drying towels and I also thought they felt hard/stiff. In actual use, they seemed to work fine.
Joe, did you see damage from them or was it just the feel of them?

As an aside, our local Wal*Mart no longer has the 6.5 sq. ft. blue MF. It has been missing for a few weeks and I don`t know if they are out of stock or no longer handling them.
They probably beat the supplier down so much on price that he went broke.

Charles
I went by feel and compared it to my other WW and the megs felt much stiffer.

97F1504x4
01-28-2006, 12:52 PM
I went by feel and compared it to my other WW and the megs felt much stiffer.

I recently got some of the Meg`s WW and although they did feel a bit stiff they really soak up the water. Only problem i have with them is they do not seem to want to ring out once they get full of water, and my Pakshak blue WW are larger and seem to work better. I really like the Pakshak WW it take two of the PS WW to dry my truck whereas the Meg`s take 3-4

Richard

glen22
01-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Glen,

Later,
JU
This was my purchase John I added to my other items today . thanks for the input. :yes:

Anthony A
01-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Interesting. I have a couple of the Meg`s WW drying towels and I also thought they felt hard/stiff. In actual use, they seemed to work fine.

I also have a couple of the Megs WW towels. They do feel stiffer than my others but they work just fine and no marring.

I also have a couple of the original purple Cobra WW from Autogeek and they are very good. If the new green ones are even better I will have to try them out.

I have about 20 WW from different vendors and they are all very good. Nothing comes close to a WW for drying IMO. I tried the plush blue drying towel from Walmart and I didn`t like it compared to a WW. It works well and doesn`t marr and if there was no such thing as a WW I would use the Walmart drying towel any day before a cotton towel or chamois. Given the choice though between a WW and anything else I take a WW any day.

Detail_Geek
01-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Glen,

Later,
JU

Nothing like it.. Im curious about the foam core but i still dont see a spike on it that makes me go..hey i want that. :cool: