PDA

View Full Version : Sprayway Glass Cleaner

Anthony A
12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Well picked some of this up at Sam`s in Niagara Falls NY. 4 x 19 Oz package of aerosol cans for $6.98 USD. This stuff is very good and at this price it`s a great deal. I have been using Meguiars NXT Glass Cleaner and although it is very good stuff it is ridiculously over priced in Canada. $15.99 a bottle :gun_banda . This Sprayway Glass Cleaner cleans better than NXT and leaves no streaks at all. It`s as good as Stoners Invisible Glass but cheaper when purchased in the four pack. The Sprayway contains no ammonia or vinegar and is safe for automotive uses. I believe it finished second in the Guru Window Cleaner test. This will be my go to glass cleaner from now on. Doesn`t smell as nice as the NXT Glass Cleaner but it`s not over powering like the Stoners either. Should have picked it up earlier in the spring when I seen it at Sam`s then I wouldn`t have wasted my money on the NXT.

Mr. Clean
12-01-2005, 12:49 PM
...Meguiars...stuff it is ridiculously over priced in Canada...
A familiar refrain from those north of the border. I would have to believe that Meguiar`s would love to resolve that issue.

Back to Sprayway, I agree it is a good product. Not really any better or any worse than EO`s 20/20 (older version - I think I read somewhere that a newer formulation is out and may not be as good) and Stoner`s IG. Each of those products have performed well enough for my needs. All products commonly available OTC in my area with makes it convenient.

I have been introduced to a new (at least to me) product called Hope`s Perfect Glass. It is available in 32 oz. spray @ $4.99 and 67.6 oz (2 Liter) refills @ $7.99, This product is locally available for me at Linens-N-Things and Bed Bath and Beyond. Both stores also have websites for those without a store front in their local area. Both stores routinely send out 20% off coupons.

DetailQueen
12-01-2005, 03:43 PM
I Love sprayway Glass Cleaner

pogo123
12-01-2005, 06:34 PM
I have been introduced to a new (at least to me) product called Hope`s Perfect Glass.

I`ve been using Hope`s for a few months now and I like it better then anything else that I`ve tried, including Stoners. I got mine at Lowes but I don`t remember what I paid for it.

Mikeyc
12-01-2005, 07:47 PM
I am a big Sprayway glass cleaner fan. I`ve now tried IG (spray and pump versions), EO 20/20, Clearvue, Windex, & Megs NXT. Sprayway was definitely the best.

I saw someone mentioned the Guru reports in an earlier post. They stated Sprayway finished #2. Does anyone know what finished #1?

Anthony A
12-01-2005, 08:50 PM
I am a big Sprayway glass cleaner fan. I`ve now tried IG (spray and pump versions), EO 20/20, Clearvue, Windex, & Megs NXT. Sprayway was definitely the best.

I saw someone mentioned the Guru reports in an earlier post. They stated Sprayway finished #2. Does anyone know what finished #1?

Bon Ami (sp?) finished first. Sprayway second and Stoners Invisible Glass fourth. Cant remember who finished third but I think it was Eagle One 20/20. Mothers Glass Cleaner also finished up there. NXT wasn`t out yet.

rabbi
12-02-2005, 11:38 AM
I`ve tried Sprayway once and really liked it. When I do a car again I`ll do a side by with Stoner`s.

Mikeyc
12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Bon Ami (sp?) finished first. Sprayway second and Stoners Invisible Glass fourth. Cant remember who finished third but I think it was Eagle One 20/20. Mothers Glass Cleaner also finished up there. NXT wasn`t out yet.

Never heard of that one that finished first. I`ve done the side by side on Sprayway and IG. I can tell you Sprayway cleans more effectively, but IG seems to leave a rain-x like coating and also makes the glass look shinier.

Miami_Sunset
12-03-2005, 05:59 PM
im sure guru reports have also done WAX testing im sure they picked out meguiars as #1. Also ``guru ` are they proffesional detailers ? im sure that stoners & sprayway are the same thing, diffrence would be on the cloth you are using.

Anthony A
12-03-2005, 07:26 PM
im sure guru reports have also done WAX testing im sure they picked out meguiars as #1. Also ``guru ` are they proffesional detailers ? im sure that stoners & sprayway are the same thing, diffrence would be on the cloth you are using.

What :confused: The Guru Wax Test rated Zaino #1.

Stoners Invisible Glass and Sprayway are both very good. The Sprayway is just such a good deal at under $7.00 for a four pack at Sam`s.

Member0001
12-04-2005, 10:25 PM
just to let everyone know... the eagle1 20/20 glass cleaner is only $1.99 at autozone right now.

Mikeyc
12-05-2005, 12:15 AM
im sure that stoners & sprayway are the same thing, diffrence would be on the cloth you are using.
I`ve used both and I always use the same window cleaning clothes. So, I can assure you they are not remotely the same product.

coogie mahn
12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Today i tried the Hopes glass cleaner, and, like some others, we use our sense of smell. I thought the Hopes had a smell like something else i used around the house, and i was correct, the other product was a bottle of tile cleaner from Home Depot. It says Tile Lab on the bottle and is a heavy duty cleaner and stripper.
I used the Hopes and i did`nt fare out as well as another poster. I worked as much as i do with some other products,and thats going with the Scott towels and then using PB`S mf glass cloth to get it to a finished look.
This is not to say it`s a less of a product, but i thought i pass this on to others on my experience.

Miami_Sunset
12-05-2005, 10:31 PM
What :confused: The Guru Wax Test rated Zaino #1.

zaino aint no wax! its more of a glaze. :lol: