PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Regimine

LincolnSquare
10-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Here`s my current detailing regimen for my Jaguar XJ8 VDP. Id appreciate it if you guys could give me your opinion of the detailing products I use, and any other input or advice you have.

Exterior Detailing:

Pre soak

Meguiar`s Gold Class Car Wash applied with wash mits

Clay barred with Turtle Wax ICE clay kit

Wheels and tires cleaned with Eagle One-All Wheel and Tire Cleaner

Griot`s Machine Polish 3 applied with Griot`s 6" random orbital buffer w/ polishing pad

Griot`s Best of Show Wax applied with Griot`s 6" random orbital buffer w/ wax pad

Eagle One-Wet Tire Shine applied to each tire

Interior Detailing:

Vacuum interior thoroughly

Clean interior metals,plastics and center console with Concentrated Simple Green-All purpose cleaner

Clean glass with Eagle One-20/20 Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner

Remove any carpet stains with Turtle Wax-Oxy Power Out Carpet Cleaner

Clean & Protect leather with Armorall- Leather Wipes

Lightly spray Febreze auto

JimmyCutlass
10-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Here`s my current detailing regimen for my Jaguar XJ8 VDP. Id appreciate it if you guys could give me your opinion of the detailing products I use, and any other input or advice you have.

Exterior Detailing:

Pre soak

Meguiar`s Gold Class Car Wash applied with wash mits

Clay barred with Turtle Wax ICE clay kit

Wheels and tires cleaned with Eagle One-All Wheel and Tire Cleaner

Griot`s Machine Polish 3 applied with Griot`s 6" random orbital buffer w/ polishing pad

Griot`s Best of Show Wax applied with Griot`s 6" random orbital buffer w/ wax pad

Eagle One-Wet Tire Shine applied to each tire

Interior Detailing:

Vacuum interior thoroughly

Clean interior metals,plastics and center console with Concentrated Simple Green-All purpose cleaner

Clean glass with Eagle One-20/20 Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner

Remove any carpet stains with Turtle Wax-Oxy Power Out Carpet Cleaner

Clean & Protect leather with Armorall- Leather Wipes

Lightly spray Febreze auto

I don`t know too much about Griot`s or Eagle One products, though if properly done your exterior sounds good. I would skip Turtle Wax clay and grab a Mother`s or Meguiar`s clay kit.

I really don`t like Armorall products. That is not to say that you shouldn`t use them but I would strongly recommend a different product line of leather care products. Meg`s Gold Class or Zymol come to mind. Ozium and Meg`s Odor Eliminator seem to be the best for interior odors.