PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber towels not picking up water

columbus6cyl
10-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Microfiber not drying car just leaving water on the vechicle been washing them in the washer but wife does laundry and it probably leaves fabric softner residue in it after wards How do i get them back to new to pick up water again

BigAl3
10-03-2009, 03:31 PM
re-wash them in warm/hot water with very little detergent, and then on the final rinse cycle add some vinegar (3-5 oz`s). do another rinse cycle with just water. toss in the dryer on the lowest heat setting with no dryer sheet/fabric softener...

LQ9SS
10-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Also, don`t wash your drying towels with towels that may have wax in them.

Cleaning Fool
10-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Ive pretty much moved back to 100% cotton towels to dry, they just dry better than microfiber, atleast to me they do.

E's Exteriors
10-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Just the other day I filled up a 5 gal bucket with hot water and some poorboys APC and gave them all a good rinsing. Then rinsed them all out with water and after that put them in the washing machine with some DP micro cleaner. Worked like a dream on all my towels. The waffle weave towels are like new now and all my QD towel are very absorbent again.

DM101
10-04-2009, 05:33 AM
Wash with a degreaser (purple power) and a touch of Dawn dish washing soap in Hot water. Rinse with Vinegar and let air dry.

Accumulator
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Clean out the washer`s softener dispenser; usually a lot of softener buildup there.

Boston Man
10-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Can we wash them with Meg`s APC? Will that ruin the machine or my towels?

Accumulator
10-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Can we wash them with Meg`s APC? Will that ruin the machine or my towels?

I`ve washed MFs (and cotton towels too) in all sorts of "OMG, don`t use that!!" stuff and it`s never hurt either the textiles or the washer. Watch for excessive foaming though...it can get somewhat amusing.

I`d stick with smallish loads and lower water levels.

And rinse rinse rinse.

And clean out the [stuff] that it`ll leave on the sides of the washer`s basket and the agitator.