PDA

View Full Version : Carnuba on top of upp?

Fatboy2
12-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Is there an advantage to using carnuba (P21S/S100) on top of UPP? :horse:
Don`t know why I put the horse on there. Just hadn`t noticed it before and got a kick out of it... or poops and grins :yes:

CharlesW
12-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Is there an advantage to using carnuba (P21S/S100) on top of UPP? :horse:
Don`t know why I put the horse on there. Just hadn`t noticed it before and got a kick out of it... or poops and grins :yes:Different opinions on the practice.
I used S100 over UPP a time or two and didn`t feel it made a noticeable improvement.
The reason I quit doing it was because I had to remove the S100 before I could apply UPP again. I decided I would rather be able to put on more UPP whenever I had the notion.

Charles

Fatboy2
12-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Thank you Sir.

rabbi
12-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Natty`s on top of UPP adds depth and wetness while maintaining UPP`s clarity.

CharlesW
12-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Natty`s on top of UPP adds depth and wetness while maintaining UPP`s clarity.But wouldn`t it still need to be removed prior to applying more UPP?

Charles

joe.p
12-02-2005, 12:14 PM
when useing upp do you use the cleanser with it. i`m thinking about buying the upp but dont know if i need the other. sorry just one quest?

CharlesW
12-02-2005, 12:21 PM
when useing upp do you use the cleanser with it. i`m thinking about buying the upp but dont know if i need the other. sorry just one quest?I think you need a paint cleaner before UPP.
Klasse AIO is what I normally use, but several people use UPC. Either one should work fine. UPC is a lot less money.

Charles

rabbi
12-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Charles I`ve never topped a car with a sealant after a wax. However I have used a sealant after PwC. I don`t think I`d top a wax (a topper) with a sealant only because of what I read here about bonding and durability issues.Is there really proof about these two issues?
Joe, I think Charles is right. You do need a paint cleaner. I have used both AIO and UPC.The UPC (imho) IS A VERY UNDERRATED product. I use/d UPC on my wife`s silver metallic followed by UPP and it was dazzling!UPC is a quality product.

JeffW
12-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Charles I`ve never topped a car with a sealant after a wax. However I have used a sealant after PwC. I don`t think I`d top a wax (a topper) with a sealant only because of what I read here about bonding and durability issues.Is there really proof about these two issues?
Joe, I think Charles is right. You do need a paint cleaner. I have used both AIO and UPC.The UPC (imho) IS A VERY UNDERRATED product. I use/d UPC on my wife`s silver metallic followed by UPP and it was dazzling!UPC is a quality product.

I agree, UPC is underrated. IMO UPP looks better over UPC than it does over AIO, at least it does on my magnesium metallic.

West6MT
12-03-2005, 04:45 AM
I had good results on my black car with UPC and UPP. I am going to get Nattys when winter is over and see what it looks like ontop of some UPP.