PDA

View Full Version : Same MF and Wash Mitts for everything

spencer785
09-28-2009, 03:46 AM
okay i have a lot of microfiber cheap and expensive ones and I use all them for anything like one time maybe for wax the next time leather. But I always machine wash and dry the mf towls after every use. And also with my wash mitts I will wash the body of the car and then wheels but then wash them and next time use that same mitt over again for the body and wheels again. I haven`t seen any negative affects of doing this, im not a detailer or anything just obsessed with my truck. Is this okay and how do you guys recommend washing the mf towels I usually do warm.cold and then medium heat dryer. Thanks

bigjizzles
09-28-2009, 04:45 AM
I like the LC Blue Sponge

ebang
09-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks, I`ll try a chinlle or gc wash mitt next time I wash.

Kean
09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
....I typically use BRB brushes (and an assortment of others) for the tires, wheels, wheel wells, engine compartment, front grille, etc. The wash media I use for the painted body panels is not used elsewhere. ....although I also use a BRB for crevices, molding and hard to reach areas.

As for MF towels, I typically have dedicated tasks for each. In a nutshell, I have more expensive ones that I use for product removal on the exterior painted surfaces and cheaper ones I use for multi-purpose tasks (i.e. jambs, wheels, engine compartment, APC application/removal, etc.) ....and several in between (i.e. glass, interior wipe-downs, etc.). My more expensive towels happen to last longer since they are used for less grueling tasks. As far as washing, I do basically the same thing. ....machine wash warm (usually with Micro Restore as a detergent) and dry on low. However I do separate some based on what they were used for. I will also pre-soak heavily soiled MF`s prior to washing (to help dislodge product/gunk from the fibers).

Accumulator
09-28-2009, 10:15 AM
MF products are tougher than one might think. I wash mine with the hottest water possible and dry on medium (although "high" shouldn`t hurt them either). Some people even boil them...no problem. Do whatever you can to ensure that they`re really getting clean.

Hey, if what somebody`s doing works for them, then that`s pretty much that in my book.

That said... like Kean I have mine all dedicated to specific tasks. I want different types of MFs for different jobs, and I want to avoid cross-contamination even if it`s unlikely.

spencer785
09-28-2009, 05:24 PM
anybody else