PDA

View Full Version : Sprayway---- not working too well for me

JLui83
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
So I use Sprayway on my windows with a clean microfiber towel but I can NEVER get the windows streak free. Windows look fine when not in direct sunlight but once in sunlight you can see that the windows are not perfect.. This is a very big pet peeve of mine to get Windows CLEAN....

Any Suggestions? I might just go pick up some Stoners Invisible Glass...

Candor
09-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Stoners is great. Also try using newspaper

longdx
09-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Sprayway is a pretty good glass cleaner, but I do find it temperamental when sprayed on hotter surfaces. Stoners is more forgiving in that manner.

JLui83
09-27-2009, 05:57 PM
^^^

I didnt think of that.. THat may have been what caused the streaking today.. I had NO luck getting rid of it... I will try again perhaps early in the morning....

imported_Jakerooni
09-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Sprayaway is a great window cleaner if you can get the mix right of product use. Sometimes you just need a little sprit. Othertimes you need quite a bit of product. Clean the windows in the sun if you`re having an issue with streaks. It`s the tell all way of doing.

JLui83
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
^^ Thats how I was using it today.. with no luck.. kept streaking more and more... Like I said.. when not in the sun.. looks awesome.. no marks, clean.. but once the sun hits the window you can see it streak and its horrible looking..

Dsoto87
09-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I can never clean any windows perfectly outside in the sun. If the window is hot than the cleaner just streaks up before it can be wiped away fully.

If you can, do it in the garage, if not try for the shade or when its cooler out. Maybe when the sun is going down

JLui83
09-27-2009, 07:11 PM
^^ Yup.. Definitely going to try this when its not as hot or even just in the shade.. Any Pros have input?

Accumulator
09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
I get my glass as good as I can in the shop and them pull it into the sun at the right time of day for the final inspection and touch-up. No, it`s usually not easy...numerous tries in the shop often gets it pretty close though, so I can finish up before the sun heats the glass up too much, and just before sundown is often a good time to do this too (and less likely to have heat issues).

IME, fogging the glass with your breath can often show the same streaks that you`ll see in the sun. Or at least it`ll help you get things close to OK.

I still like the Griot`s polypropylene glass wipes the best, but I seem to be the only person here who uses them.

WaxManRonnie
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
By accident on one detail, I realized that 3M adhesive remover makes a great window cleaner(non tinted of course).

I don`t use it all the time, but sometimes

I get desperate and use it occassionaly. Hate the smell of it,

but damn it works!

My5ABaby
09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
I clean it as best I can and then just keep a MF with me in the car. When it gets the right time of day and the sun hits it right or it fogs just right I can see what needs to be cleaned.

shadow85
09-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Recently I used stoner on a mf applicator to wipe the glass in shade. I follow with a flat glass towel, then finish with a waffle weave. Much improved but there are still streaks in the right sunlight. I done this to the interior glass, awkward positioning. I heard that the surf city glass cleaner is streak-free. Maybe I will try it out.