PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Used The 3m Polish Or Ultrafina Pads??? Please Report Results

EMIN007
09-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Hello everyone, I`m tired of the inconsistent quality in some of the recent pads that I`ve purchased. I`ve always learned to trust 3M in whatever they produce is giong to be consistant with their quality standards. And therefore I was thinking about giong with their pads. The only concern that I have is the size which is 8". Wanted to see if anyone has had any experience whether good or bad with these pads. If you`ve had any experience please writte in.

Thanks

ps I was going to use the Ultrafina pad with the Ultrafina as my final step before glazing. If you think there is a better pad like LC black or blue please comment.

imported_Jakerooni
09-26-2009, 06:47 AM
8" pads were the industry stanard for the last 60 years or so. There`s absolutly nothing wrong with 8" pads. I`ve used the UF pad many times. So have tons of other detailers. Obviously with great results. The new wave of smaller pad use has created more avenues for the detailer today but don`t get hung up on size meaning better or worse. And while I have used other pads with UF their blue pad really was a perfect match for the product.