PDA

View Full Version : This takes the cake from everything I`ve ever seen

efnfast
09-26-2009, 01:38 AM
At the golf course (driving range) today. I see this black supra. Looks good, except there`s wax residue on the passenger door, like he forgot to buff the door.

And there`s wax on the fender, and quarter panel, and roof, and hood, and driver door. Oh, wait, he didn`t buff the wax off anywhere on his car :think:

I happened to meet up with the owner and asked him if he realized he forgot to remove the wax, and he told me once he applies it he lets it sit for a few hours, then drives his car around.....the wind and elements help to harden it to make a tougher bond on the paint. :wow:

To make matters even better, to get to the driving range, right now anyways, you have to drive on an 1/8mile dirt road. So, um, yea, I see absolutely nothing wrong with driving on a dirt road with drying wax, and then buffing it off when you get home :wow::wow:

Mark77
09-26-2009, 05:06 AM
So what did you reply to that? I am not sure what I would have said :-)

vtec92civic
09-26-2009, 06:09 AM
oh man wow. Then he`ll be buffing off the wax and on a layer of dirt on such a great car. Talk about swirling the finish.

Envious Eric
09-26-2009, 08:10 AM
hand him a card and let him know you do paint correction work because he is going to need it!

AeroCleanse
09-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Well he`s part correct, at least with some waxes. You should let them sit for a while, then remove the wax and let harden for a few hours. But you shouldn`t drive it during that time.

Street5927
09-26-2009, 10:17 AM
A few years ago, my buddy`s sister figured she would wax her car. She put the wax and and let it sit. I was there for about 2 hours visiting, and she never took it off. I asked her if she plans on removing the wax; and she looked at me like I had 3 eyes in my head and said...what do you mean??? I told her that she is supposed to remove it after applying it, and she said she didn`t know that....lol

efnfast
09-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Well he`s part correct, at least with some waxes. You should let them sit for a while, then remove the wax and let harden for a few hours. But you shouldn`t drive it during that time.

I know that - it`s the `let`s us drive down a dirt road and then buff the car when we get home` part I`m :grinno: over

mustanginky
09-26-2009, 12:18 PM
hope he likes swirl marks. not only that, but if wax is left on too long it is a PITA to get off as it gets too hard.

dave40co
09-26-2009, 12:53 PM
A few years ago, my buddy`s sister figured she would wax her car. She put the wax and and let it sit. I was there for about 2 hours visiting, and she never took it off. I asked her if she plans on removing the wax; and she looked at me like I had 3 eyes in my head and said...what do you mean??? I told her that she is supposed to remove it after applying it, and she said she didn`t know that....lol

Was she blonde?

imported_Gears
09-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Maybe he will wash it before he buffs off the wax?

Street5927
09-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Was she blonde?

Actually, she is....