PDA

View Full Version : foam gun without pressure washer

daviddear30
09-25-2009, 10:24 AM
I have read alot and i think the gilmour is the best option for alot of foam without a pressure washer. Is that correct? Also i see alot of pictures of foam covered cars that i assume used a foam cannon/pressure washer. Are there any pictures of what the gilmour gun can do??

I am just getting into really detailing. I have Klasse AIO, Meg #16, nattys wax, wheel wax, anddg car wash as well as a lot of cleaning supplies on the way. I am looking forward to getting my FX35 looking awesome. I love this site & thanks for the help

CocheseUGA
09-25-2009, 10:26 AM
All the thick foam pictures you see are of a foam cannon (pw). The foam gun will give you what I like to call suds, more than foam.

Actually, and I`ll probably get flamed for it, but you can pick up an Ortho dial-a-spray insecticide sprayer from Home Depot and get a pretty good idea of what a Gilmour will do. Just a little less `suds`.

But, it`s also $10 vs $40.

daviddear30
09-25-2009, 10:34 AM
i actually tried something similiar to that but it was not adjustable or consistent.

would the foam gun help with a 2 bucket wash or would it be un-necessary? I see that it has a big following on here but so does the 2 bucket method. Do people use both?

CocheseUGA
09-25-2009, 10:36 AM
i actually tried something similiar to that but it was not adjustable or consistent.

would the foam gun help with a 2 bucket wash or would it be un-necessary? I see that it has a big following on here but so does the 2 bucket method. Do people use both?

I dunno, the jury is still out from me. I find it to be a PITA, but fun at the same time.

It can certainly be done without it. But there`s something visceral about using it. Probably helps with lubricity, but I couldn`t tell you.

daviddear30
09-25-2009, 01:13 PM
anyone use gilmour + two bucket method??

Bert
09-25-2009, 01:22 PM

Most people use the Gilmour as a substitute for the wash bucket but still keep the rinse bucket.

Accumulator
09-25-2009, 03:26 PM

Yeah. I use the foamgun to provide constant lubrication and flushing at the point of wash media-to-paint contact. For me, it does *NOT* replace anything, but is, rather, an addition to the 2BM.

It *can* replace the wash bucket in some cases, but I prefer not to do things that way.

The way I use it, the foamgun does *NOT* make the wash easier, it makes it more difficult. But it has basically eliminated wash-induced marring, so for me it`s worth it.