PDA

View Full Version : Pitted Wheels

thedetailer
09-24-2009, 08:31 PM
Sometimes when I clean Mercedes/BMW or other vehicles with high brake dust output there is brake dust left in parts of the wheel because the chemicals in the brake dust cause pitting.

What is the best way to remove the caked in brake dust? Products? Techniques? Brushes?

The Enforcer
09-24-2009, 08:49 PM
MEgs APC (meguiars all purpose).....for heavy stuff dilute it 4:1.......and if that doesnt work just kep going heavier until you find a mixture that will cut it. also, a nice arsenal of detail brushes with various shapes, sizes, and stiffness will help!

vtec92civic
09-24-2009, 09:08 PM
i too have encountered that a lot lately. Depending on your comfort level with things . . . . i usually use a acid type product diluted very well and a pressure washer helps if you have one.

A lot of people will say acid is dangerous but i have it diluted a lot and have used it for the past 4+ years with no issues.

thedetailer
09-25-2009, 01:48 PM
i too have encountered that a lot lately. Depending on your comfort level with things . . . . i usually use a acid type product diluted very well and a pressure washer helps if you have one.

A lot of people will say acid is dangerous but i have it diluted a lot and have used it for the past 4+ years with no issues.

What is your dilution ratio?