PDA

View Full Version : ? concerning EZ-Creme Glaze

imported_mobenzowner
09-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Seen conflicting posts regarding whether EZ-Creme glaze does or does not contain cleaners. I.E. is it layerable and can it be used both under and over other sealants.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-23-2009, 08:13 AM
None in my opinion. Hard to have cleaners, and fillers!!

Dsoto87
09-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Maybe you know more than me patrick but right on their site and right on the bottle it says it contains light cleaners(their exact wording is "contains supra light cleaners to remove light marks and ultra-fine scratches).

I dont know if the manufacturer would lie about that.

If you want to use ezcreme between layers get yourself some Danase Wet Glaze.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-23-2009, 09:11 AM
The cleaners are part of the filling properties. There is no significant swirl mark removal properties with EZ Creme or DWG.

imported_mobenzowner
09-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Long story short, Detailed Iimage has the coupon to get ez-creme free today with a purchase of $40 or more. I was needing some ONR for winter so I am getting the EZ-Creme free and want to use it as many here use DWG.

imported_mobenzowner
09-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Just talked to the CG help line and they confirmed ez-creme does indeed contain cleaners. They said not to use it over the top of a sealant. Looks like I should of got the DWG.

autoconcierge
09-23-2009, 09:56 AM
I have used this product for years, no fillers(ipa done countless times) and is a go to product BEFORE Lsp makes the paint pop everytime.

imported_mobenzowner
09-23-2009, 10:05 AM
I have used this product for years, no fillers(ipa done countless times) and is a go to product BEFORE Lsp makes the paint pop everytime.

Well thats good to know. I have 3 vehicles and 2 of the 3 are prepped and sealed for the winter, so I suppose no ez-creme there. The silver Tacoma has 2 coats of z2 pro and the Highlander has polycharged DG 105 topped with fk1000p. I still have the blue Matrix left, so I`m thinking about a quick polish, wash with cwc, then the ez-creme followed by 2 coats of the old wg dgps w/polycharger.

steelwind101
09-23-2009, 11:16 AM
The older bottles definatly had cleaners, newer bottles, said they dident and that they contain cleaners. Ususal BS from CG and i heard the newer formulation was like DWG and had no cleaners but i have not bought that bottle yet.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-23-2009, 11:38 AM
From the CG site:

Lets talk Glazes:

A glaze is a polish without any cleaning properties. Glazes are used primarily to improve the shine brilliance and clarity of paint.

Glazes are primarily used by body shops for finishing jobs or simply to bring out the high brilliance of paints on vehicle. Glazes are also commonly used on show vehicles to achieve a "High-Luster or wet-look".

Glazes do not replace polishing. If polishing in necessary on a surface that has minor swirls and imperfections In order to achieve the best superior results the a surface should be polished with a premium polish like Pro-Polish+ or All-IN-1.

In my opinion, use this product with no intentions of any cleaning abilities........and, dont glazes normally contain fillers?

This is pretty much why I dont pay a lot of attention to labels, and really decide on my own what a product does.

imported_mobenzowner
09-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Quote from Patrick

"This is pretty much why I dont pay a lot of attention to labels, and really decide on my own what a product does"

I think thats pretty good advice!!

Bert
09-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Just talked to the CG help line and they confirmed ez-creme does indeed contain cleaners. They said not to use it over the top of a sealant. Looks like I should of got the DWG.

I have called the CG help line and received conflicting answers from what another CG help line rep said previously.

wannafbody
09-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Maybe you know more than me patrick but right on their site and right on the bottle it says it contains light cleaners(their exact wording is "contains supra light cleaners to remove light marks and ultra-fine scratches).

I dont know if the manufacturer would lie about that.

If you want to use ezcreme between layers get yourself some Danase Wet Glaze.

That sounds like some type of abrasive/cleaner system to me.

DM101
09-23-2009, 03:15 PM
DWG can be put over a LSP. Also you have Meg. 3, 5, 7, 81 all glazes that will not remove a LSP. #7 Show Car Glaze is my choice.