PDA

View Full Version : New from Chicago Suburbs

Gortex
09-19-2009, 06:56 PM
1. How did you wind up at Autopia?

was told about from a subaru forum member

2. What do you like most about detailing?

besides the end product, claying heh

3. What are your favorite products/processes and why?

ive used ICE/turtlewax, mothers, meguirs, and others. and as far as processes go its usually the wash/clay/wash/polish/wax.

4. What`s your dream car and why?

that is a good question...haha right now its between a lotus exige 260, t-rex, bugatti veyron (sucker for awd power lol)

5. What`s the best thing you learned on Autopia?

that it exsisted lol

6. What are some of your other hobbies and interests?

recording music, playing shows, driving!

7. Do you have any pets? If so, types, names, pics.

8. Name three secret techniques that you think you should share to fellow Autopians.

i got nothing, im sure everything i do is already covered on here somewhere lol. i do get a lot of weird looks when i use a leaf blower (which is only used for cars) to when i dry.

9. Where are you from and where do you live now?

im in batavia, il and it is boring lol

10. What was you first car and what got you interested in keeping cars perfect?

first car was 1994 caprice with an LT1 swap. but i didn`t really start detailing until i got my 2005 wrx. and i just really really love clean cars.

11. What motivates you to detail?

the end result, a mirror finish to the paint.

12. Would you ever pay someone else to detail your car?

not unless my hands were broken and winter was coming up haha

13. Does detailing run in the family at all, or are you the only normal one?

i was the only one, then i got my dad hooked

14. What is your favorite part about detailing?

everything

15. If detailing is a hobby for you, would you like to do it full time, or do you feel that it would take the fun out of it?

more of a hobby, although i do have a few cars that i get paid to do.

loudog2
09-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Our area is not boring. Welcome to Autopia!!

Gortex
09-19-2009, 09:09 PM
haha thanks! st charles has a more stuff to do downtown than batavia, plus you have komet motorsports with their AWD dyno.

Candor
09-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Heyo :woot2:

4. What`s your dream car and why?

that is a good question...haha right now its between a lotus exige 260, t-rex, bugatti veyron (sucker for awd power lol)

Never been in a Exige but the owner of a bar I frequent has a Elise and it`s like a go kart on a roller coaster.

@loudog2 did you go to Rush Detailing`s BBQ today?

loudog2
09-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Heyo :woot2:

Never been in a Exige but the owner of a bar I frequent has a Elise and it`s like a go kart on a roller coaster.

@loudog2 did you go to Rush Detailing`s BBQ today?

No, I didn`t know about it. I see their shop all the time. I have a customer right next to them(personal trainer). Did you go? How was it? Is the owner or workers on here?

Candor
09-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Sorry Gortex for jacking heh

I wanted to go real bad, I need a quote on some dings that need pulling. ( if you know someone shoot me a PM maybe 8-10 small dings and possibly one crease) No idea on how the turn-out was, I heard about it on NASIOC no idea where else they advertised. No idea if they are on here I can PM her and ask. Always nice to have pro`s shooting advice.