PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Simple Green

gofastman
09-19-2009, 03:14 PM
I`m in need of a general purpose degreaser/heavy duty soap for engine, general purpose and undercarriage cleaning and.

has anyone used this stuff?

Extreme Simple Green (http://industrial.simplegreen.com/ind_products_extreme.php)

I`m wondering if its better than the regular stuff as far as surface safety.

gofastman
09-20-2009, 03:30 PM
to the top!

nosbusa1700
09-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Yes, it`s safer than the regular SG. I have a gallon of both Extreme and Pro HD.

These products were initially developed for the aircraft industry and extensive testing shows that they are safe for use on aluminum, plastics, rubbers and high tech alloys, even in the most extreme circumstances. These products conform to both Boeing D6-17487P spec for general aircraft exterior cleaning and Pratt & Whitney PWA 36604revC spec for aircraft engine cleaning.

gofastman
09-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes, it`s safer than the regular SG. I have a gallon of both Extreme and Pro HD.

These products were initially developed for the aircraft industry and extensive testing shows that they are safe for use on aluminum, plastics, rubbers and high tech alloys, even in the most extreme circumstances. These products conform to both Boeing D6-17487P spec for general aircraft exterior cleaning and Pratt & Whitney PWA 36604revC spec for aircraft engine cleaning.

does it clean just as well? I`m curious about it because I wanna run it upstream on my pressure washer, I think the regular stuff may be too harsh for that.

imported_Jakerooni
09-20-2009, 05:30 PM
I have a gallon of it (not even sure when I bought it) just used it for detailing the other day. Cleaned just fine and didn`t harm anything. I`d say it`s good to use.

nosbusa1700
09-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes, it cleans just as good as the green stuff in my experience.

But then again. I don`t clean very dirty vehicles.

You can buy a 32oz bottle of extreme at HD to test it for yourself. :xyxthumbs

jb1
09-21-2009, 04:09 AM
Yes, it cleans just as good as the green stuff in my experience.

But then again. I don`t clean very dirty vehicles.

You can buy a 32oz bottle of extreme at HD to test it for yourself. :xyxthumbs

I`ve been checking the Home Depots in my area and they don`t seem to carry it. I wonder if they could/would order some? :think:

9935annivgt
09-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I used simple green on a detail and it bleached the rubber air intake hose severly, I had to replace it for the customer. It was diluited (cannot remeber what the ratio was now) but now I use total cycle wash from my local harley davidson dealer, works great.

DRT
09-21-2009, 11:08 AM
I use SG Pro HD on a regular basis and so far I have had no ill effects at all. I buy it at home depot by the gallon.

nosbusa1700
09-21-2009, 11:39 AM
I`ve been checking the Home Depots in my area and they don`t seem to carry it. I wonder if they could/would order some? :think:

Like DRT said, Home Depot carries Pro HD by the gallon. Look for that. Basically the same thing. If they don`t check Lowe`s or order online.

jb1
09-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Like DRT said, Home Depot carries Pro HD by the gallon. Look for that. Basically the same thing. If they don`t check Lowe`s or order online.

Thanks nosbusa1700, I`ll check out the stores near my house.

nosbusa1700
09-21-2009, 11:39 PM
You`re welcome. :2thumbs: