PDA

View Full Version : Collonite 845/915/476 Use Comments/Recommendations?

Pages : [1] 2 3

tenorplayer23
09-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Have done a search here for information about Collonite products and thought I`d post a query about recent experience with 845/915 or even 476. It appears that these products are universally admired.

Since I live in the heart of "snowland", I thought I`d look into adding an even more durable, all-weather product to my arsenal of Optimum products (namely Poli-Seal, Opti-Seal and OCW).

Looks like Collonite products (made just down the road in Utica, NY) just might fill the bill, although other threads vacillate on whether they are truly better than a good sealant (such as Opti-Seal, 4 Star, UPPG, WG3.0, etc.). Or whether using a Collonite product on top of one of the sealants is of any benefit?

Would appreciate comments/recommendations re: the three Collonites I`ve seen mentioned most often and any speed tips for using them.

From what I can surmise, 845 is the easiest to apply and per some, gives the deepest gloss. 476 is the more difficult to apply, but is longer lasting(?). And, 915 is touted to be their best looking product.

In any case, I`d welcome your feedback. if you`ve used them in addition to/in place of Optimum Opti-Seal, etc. all the better.

Thanks in advance.

See ya :wavey

wfedwar
09-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Don`t try to layer 915 or 476S. It can lead to nasty wax holograms. Some people haven`t had this problem, but many have. Don`t know why. It could be temperature, technique, applicator, etc.

tenorplayer23
09-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Which of these have you tried? I was likely only going to layer the same product.

Don`t try to layer 915 or 476S. It can lead to nasty wax holograms. Some people haven`t had this problem, but many have. Don`t know why. It could be temperature, technique, applicator, etc.

Boston Man
09-19-2009, 09:10 PM
FAQs about Collinite Wax Products` :: Choice of the Pros :: Auto, Marine and Industrial (http://collinite.com/faqs.htm)

Here are the FAQs from collinite`s website. It answers alot of questions.

drew.haynes
09-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Love 845.. keep it spread thin.. barely visible. Let it haze fully before removing.

tenorplayer23
09-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks. Have read through their site, but was looking for real world experience/practical advice on the products.

Even though they are only 100 miles to the east of here, all the FAQ`s tell me are what they say "their specs" are. Lot of specsmanship out there in the marketplace. The good news is that on a "relative" scale, their stuff must last a long time! :)

See ya : wavey

FAQs about Collinite Wax Products* :: Choice of the Pros :: Auto, Marine and Industrial (http://collinite.com/faqs.htm)

Here are the FAQs from collinite`s website. It answers alot of questions.

My5ABaby
09-19-2009, 10:45 PM
476 has been a bit of a pain to remove (my tendency to overwax), but I currently have 5 layers and not a single hologram problem throughout the process.

tenorplayer23
09-19-2009, 10:56 PM
How does it compare, appearance-wise to other products? Any relative info.?

Durability.....as good as Collonite says it is??

476 has been a bit of a pain to remove (my tendency to overwax), but I currently have 5 layers and not a single hologram problem throughout the process.

silkstone
09-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Out of the 3, I like the 476 for durability. In the middle of winter, you will be glad you are riding on a few layers of it.

In my experience 845 tends to leave water spots. I live in a industrial area.

Just got 915 a couple of weeks ago. Seems a bit creamier than 476, but basically the same to me. Most tout 476 as the most durable.

wfedwar
09-20-2009, 06:13 AM
Which of these have you tried? I was likely only going to layer the same product.

I`ve tried all of them. My hologram experience was with 915, but others have had the problem with 476S also.

JSFM35X
09-20-2009, 06:13 AM
I have used 845IW as my go to wax for the winter. 3 coats over 3 weeks will beep you beeding like a madman until the winter is over. If the other last longer? i do not know buy 845 is easy on and easy off and lasts long enough. Put on thin coats.

My5ABaby
09-20-2009, 09:23 AM
How does it compare, appearance-wise to other products? Any relative info.?

Durability.....as good as Collonite says it is??

I can`t really say much to appearance. The only other wax I`ve put on is NXT 2.0 and I don`t recall there being much of a difference. However, for me right now all I care about is protection so I haven`t paid close attention. It`s a daily driver that I don`t have a lot of time to care for so I`m just trying to keep it as safe as possible until I can get time to treat her as deserved.

I like the durability of the 476 thus far. I had two coats on a while back that lasted for several months. Currently I`ve been waxing with every wash so it`s hard to tell. :xyxthumbs

nyyankees22
09-20-2009, 09:34 AM
use 915...It is NOT hard to use if you use it right. Spread it thin, and do 1-2 panels at a time then wipe. Don`t let it dry any longer than that and you will be fine. Seems to last just as long as most of my sealants. It really gives a deep shine and the durability is great. I`d give it a try if I was you.

jDizzle
09-20-2009, 09:45 AM
i`ve used 845 and 476 many times, and other than the first few tries (putting it on too thick) i havnt had any trouble with them. 476 is a bit more stubborn, but nothing like klasseor anything. neither are unpleasant to use IMO

onceaweekwaxer
09-20-2009, 02:38 PM
i have 915 and845 and live in rochester if you want to try them out b4 u buy, i love 915