PDA

View Full Version : ONR and sheepskin

pingable
09-19-2009, 09:51 AM
I prefer SS to any other wash media out there.....

For all you ONR users, what has been your experience with ONR and SS.

APC and SS (I use my retired paint SS) on wheels, and APC tends to kill the SS mitts...breaks down the SS hide.

What has been you experience with SS and ONR.

I am going to go it another go. Have tried it 3X on various occasions...just felt it was not ~mar free~ enough for me, didn`t rinse well/was media was very dirty/dingy *SS*, and maybe it was just by luck, but after 1X of the using ONR on one of the SS mitts, the SS mitt was breaking down ...on the next time I was using it.

I may just use the Grout Sponge media....but again, I prefer SS mitts over anything. Then again, I may just have to ~tweak the curve~ when using ONR.

JeffM
09-19-2009, 01:48 PM
I use a grout sponge, and i go inside and wash the sponge out with dish soap half way through.

Dan
09-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I`ve used SS mits without issue. Any media you are going to use is going to get nasty from ONR, its just the way it works. The dirt drops down to the bottom of the bucket but the oils/grime stay in the wash media. I think Scottwax has the right idea, microfiber covered sponges. They seem to release the grime better than the grout sponges. Either way, I don`t think you are going to get marring unless you are doing something wrong. I`m down to one bucket and one mf sponge. I do two wash passes on each panel and don`t dry untll I`m done with one side of the car. The important part is to make sure you aren`t getting any grime on your drying towel. That should be clean when you wipe the car down.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Ssftw..............

pingable
09-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Testing commences next week. One chenille sponge and one more raggedy ss that I was planning to retire for wheels. The only reason I`m using the chenille sponge is I have like 3 brand new ones left from EONS ago that I just want to put to a good home/use