PDA

View Full Version : POWER Waterless Auto Washer... On The Cheap

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

imported_admin
09-17-2009, 02:52 PM
ORIGINALLY $149.95... NOW AS LOW AS $37.95 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!

For those of you who are not already familiar with it, the NOMAD Portable Washer is a fantastic device. It operates off 12v power (12-18v range), has a 3 gallon tank, lots of power, a great nozzle, and a long hose. It`s perfect for mobile detailing or washing your car in your own garage!

Until recently, there were two NOMAD models. Unfortunately, the low-end model has been discontinued and is being flushed out of stock. The good news is that these little gems can still be found for less than $40!!! The big unit is $250 list, often discount to $199.

XRL PM`ed me this link (thanks, Mike!):

Nomad H2O On-The-Go Portable Power Washer (http://www.orangeonions.com/product/MNOM35ORG?META=VERUTA)

I got mine off of Amazon for the same price and added a 110v AC to 12v DC adapter so I can run it off of wall power. This thing works amazing with HD TOTAL and HD FREE!

YouTube - Nomad Portable 12V Pressure Washer

Better grab one of these things while you can!

:bolt

Works great with:

HD FREE (http://hdcarcare.com/hd-free-waterless-car-wash-spray.html)

HD TOTAL (http://hdcarcare.com/hd-total-auto-degreaser-stain-soil-remover.html)

If you plan to use it in the garage, you will need a 12v adapter. The Nomad need an adapter rated at 5 AMPs or better:

Amazon.com: Black & Decker CV6B Travel Mate 6.0 Amp AC/DC Converter: Home Improvement

Amazon.com: Wagan 5 Amp AC to 12V DC Power Adapter: Automotive

If you need to make this thing 100% portable, add a car battery booster/starter pack with a 12v socket:

Amazon.com: Cobra CJIC 250 Jump Starter Powerpack: Automotive

For about $125 you can have a totally flexible portable washer system that costs $200 to $250 if you purchase the big Nomad:

Nomad 18 Volt Cordless Portable Power Cleaner - Buy Direct- Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Other Outdoor Sports and Extreme Sports (http://www.nomad2go.com/pressure-washer-washing/nomad-18-volt-cordless.aspx)

By the way, I`ve used the big unit and it`s too heavy and bulky. Packing your own power make more sense to me.

Dan
09-17-2009, 03:41 PM
At first I was thinking... hmm I don`t need that, but then I figured out the perfect use. In the winter, my hose freezes up and doesn`t thaw till spring. This will be great for rinsing and cleaning wheel wells before I use ONR. I can fill it up with some warm water and rinse away. In for 1.

Chris@Optimum
09-17-2009, 03:48 PM
That looks awesome to rinse cleaners off rims while doing a waterless. Mine is on the way! Thanks David.

agpatel
09-17-2009, 04:04 PM
That would be great for washing my car at my apartment as I dont have a hose and that could easily rinse away some soap, heck even if i have to fill it up 2x still be worth it.

imported_admin
09-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Don`t waste time... get one while they are still available. Very well made, BTW.

ctrent86
09-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Mine is on the way. Thanks for the heads up. Do you run any sort of dilution for this machine for Free or Total?

vtec92civic
09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
looks to be a cool unit . . . . how much power is behind it though? I have a pressure washer now and a foam gun so not sure where it would come in handy but that is awesome!

Second thought you could almost wash a car any place LoL

imported_admin
09-17-2009, 05:38 PM
I`ll have to look again, but I think it is 75 PSI. Not a true PW, but you are right that it will let you wash a car anywhere.

imported_admin
09-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Mine is on the way. Thanks for the heads up. Do you run any sort of dilution for this machine for Free or Total?

I put HD FREE Concentrate in mine at 20:1, not 10:1. It takes a pint of 20:1 solution to wash my Bronco properly with the sprayer, and almost none of it hits the ground.

HD TOTAL Concentrate can also be used at 20:1 for light wheel cleaning.

Flashtime
09-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Nice find! I`ll get a few these. Thanks, David!

Kenney
09-17-2009, 06:39 PM
I got one awhile ago and did the same thing. It is great for apartment people. Make sure not to cheap out and get a quality adapter if you get the $40.00 unit.

CosminTX
09-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I got one awhile ago and did the same thing. It is great for apartment people. Make sure not to cheap out and get a quality adapter if you get the $40.00 unit.

what kind of quality adapter ? can u give me more detail , i got the one in vid

a.k.a. Patrick
09-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Ive had my eye on these since the company first sold out to a larger company. I forget all the particulars but this model was the prototype version that went to manufacturing and reselling. I had considered investing in them about 5 years ago but they had a minimum order which I wasnt comfortable with. I though they would be great for RV`s and such! Which is why I just now bought one at this price. If I recall, back then they were going for about $179.00 retail. Wholesale was like $95.00. To think i just picked one up with an adapter delivered for a tad over $50.00

Scored!!

Gives me a chance to use it next weekend on my trailer which has been sitting for the last 10 months. NRWS to the rescue with this Nomad !! Followed up with some DG 951!

Or, better yet, I can try the HD Total!

Showroom Shine
09-18-2009, 05:06 PM
For all of you who purchased the Nomad H2O pressure washer. Lets hear some feed back on it. Looks like a nice piece of equipment,especially for motorcycles and winter washing! If I keep looking at this thing,I`m going to order one real quick. The only one I saw was on Ebay for $179 plus shipping and tax!

Flashtime
09-18-2009, 06:31 PM
For all of you who purchased the Nomad H2O pressure washer. Lets hear some feed back on it. Looks like a nice piece of equipment,especially for motorcycles and winter washing! If I keep looking at this thing,I`m going to order one real quick. The only one I saw was on Ebay for $179 plus shipping and tax!

You got it! I picked up two of these units. Gotta a feeling one or both will go bad

within a year. They remind of the portable jump starters i`ve had (junk).