PDA

View Full Version : POWER Waterless Auto Washer... On The Cheap

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

imported_advs1
10-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I spoke with the Nomad folks about 2 months ago RE: reselling the Nomad for water[less] car washing. They "FREAKED OUT" because OMG it was only tested with water. I have not seen any problems with the seals with HD FREE or HD TOTAL. I think it will be fine with most water-based cleaners.

db

you`d be surprised how much damage any foreign materials introduced to a unit with an on demand pump can cause. i have been making my own low pressure skids for about a year now, selling locally only and using industrial on demand low pressure pumps and they still fail. it is the seals that start to stick, especially with anything that has wax or detergent. i`ll order one and try it since i like the big nomad, but i can get all the parts including a 15 gallon water tank for that price. the cost for me is in the metal and fab`ing the skid

Flashtime
10-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I finally got to use the Nomad pressure washer and this thing is a gem. It really is

a must-have for anyone. It`s perfect with HD FREE, HD TOTAL, or ONR.

Can`t believe just how little water was necessary to wash a car! This has got

to be one of the best ways to do so.

Need to make those rechargeable battery mods and I`m cooking! Thanks David!

imported_admin
10-08-2009, 09:52 AM
I finally got to use the Nomad pressure washer and this thing is a gem. It really is

a must-have for anyone. It`s perfect with HD FREE, HD TOTAL, or ONR.

Can`t believe just how little water was necessary to wash a car! This has got

to be one of the best ways to do so.

Need to make those rechargeable battery mods and I`m cooking! Thanks David!

I agree 100%. Anyone who does not take advantage of this deal will soon find themselves standing on the sidelines. The national sales rep says that when these small Nomads are gone, that`s it... they`re gone!

:cry:

Flashtime
10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
Rebuilding rechargeable batteries:

Power Tool Battery Repair: Resources for Rebuilding Your Rechargeable Batteries - ToolCrib.com Blog (http://www.toolcrib.com/blog/2008/11/04/power-tool-battery-repair-resources-for-rebuilding-your-rechargeable-batteries/)

Rechargeable Battery Repair/Replacement - Sawmill Creek (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=8225)

If anyone else finds a FREE battery rebuilding guide, post `em!

rwisejr
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
I agree 100%. Anyone who does not take advantage of this deal will soon find themselves standing on the sidelines. The national sales rep says that when these small Nomads are gone, that`s it... they`re gone!

:cry:

Yes this is a no brainer . I love this thing . With the 18 volt batteries this thing is a demon.

imported_admin
10-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Yes this is a no brainer . I love this thing . With the 18 volt batteries this thing is a demon.

Yeah, it sure is. The 6 extra volts really give it a nice kick over the 12v adapter I have.

rwisejr
10-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, it sure is. The 6 extra volts really give it a nice kick over the 12v adapter I have.

Yes it does .Nice ad smooth If it ever dies I would by the new one in a heart beat since this works so great

imported_admin
10-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Yes it does .Nice ad smooth If it ever dies I would by the new one in a heart beat since this works so great

If it dies, go to your local RV supplier and get parts!!! :spot

rwisejr
10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
If it dies, go to your local RV supplier and get parts!!! :spot

True but it would be me justfication for spending money then I would fix it !!! LOL !!!

Plus around here finding an RV store my be a task

imported_admin
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
How could I possibly argue with logic like that?

rwisejr
10-08-2009, 05:33 PM
How could I possibly argue with logic like that?

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flashtime
10-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I rigged up the Nomad to a Black & Decker 18v Ni-CD battery and it drained

it in about a minute. So, this mod is a no-go. :(

imported_admin
10-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Not sure why it would have drained your battery so fast. The big Nomad uses an 18v tool battery and you can run the thing long enough to wash 20 cars!

Flashtime
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
The battery is brand new... Might go with rechargeable litium-ion batteries.

rwisejr
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Well Ryobi`s work flawlessand that is basically who makes the batteries for the High end nomads . I have used it on my car several times and its still going strong