PDA

View Full Version : POWER Waterless Auto Washer... On The Cheap

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Bert
09-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Contact Us - Nomad 18 Volt Cordless Portable Power Cleaner - Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Other Outdoor Sports and Extreme Sports (http://www.nomad2go.com/contact-us.aspx)

I have a national sales rep number, but not customer service.

I was thinking the complaint should go to Amazon rather than Nomad since Amazon was the site the recommended the adapter that turned out not to be compatible with the Nomad.

offcenter
09-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Sorry to say that the small converter Amazon had listed with the Nomad would be worthless. If my memory serves me, it`s only good for 100 mA output. I`d be surprised if the thing could even kick on with that little amount of current.

Didn`t even think about it until yesterday... I have one of these:

Amazon.com: Cobra CJIC 250 Jump Starter Powerpack: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-CJIC-250-Starter-Powerpack/dp/B002HQXRDW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1254160649&sr=1-8)

Forgot it has a 12v socket. Does a great job powering the Nomad.

:spot

DavidB,

Does the Cobra Jump Starter actually have enough power to jump start a car battery?

imported_admin
09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I was thinking the complaint should go to Amazon rather than Nomad since Amazon was the site the recommended the adapter that turned out not to be compatible with the Nomad.

:doh I don`t know why I was thinking "call Nomad". You`re right... that is an Amazon complaint. They should not have advertised a 100 mA converter with the Nomad if it won`t work.

a.k.a. Patrick
09-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Did anyone else who bought the Nomad from Amazon.com buy the AC/DC Converter? Are you guys having trouble with it?

I received my Nomad a day or two before my converter showed up so I used a converter that belonged to my dad and my Nomad worked fine. When the converter I bought of Amazon showed up, the Nomad would not work.

I may try the converter with some other 12 appliances and see what happens but so far no luck with the Nomad.

I am also. i guess the outgoing amperage is not sufficient. And for the $6-7 bucks I spent on it, they got me. Not worth the hassle of returnig. I did pick up the one suggested though. Im a member at Kotulas also, and decided to pick up an additional one for the RV. Worked great with the HD over the weekend in cleaning up the rig! $40.00 is a steal.!

MDg35
09-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Sorry to say that the small converter Amazon had listed with the Nomad would be worthless. If my memory serves me, it`s only good for 100 mA output. I`d be surprised if the thing could even kick on with that little amount of current.

Didn`t even think about it until yesterday... I have one of these:

Amazon.com: Cobra CJIC 250 Jump Starter Powerpack: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-CJIC-250-Starter-Powerpack/dp/B002HQXRDW/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1254160649&sr=1-8)

Forgot it has a 12v socket. Does a great job powering the Nomad.

:spot

Decided to follow your lead and get the following:

Black & Decker START IT 450amp Accesory

imported_admin
09-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Decided to follow your lead and get the following:

Black & Decker START IT 450amp Accesory

Plus a tire inflator... nice! :woot:

rwisejr
09-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Got both of mine in today . Modified 2 Ryobi 18volt batteries and they work flawless

Bert
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Got both of mine in today . Modified 2 Ryobi 18volt batteries and they work flawless

How did you modify the Ryobi batteries?

rwisejr
09-29-2009, 07:37 PM
How did you modify the Ryobi batteries?

They come apart quite easily as the base is only held together by phillps screws . drilled a hole for the cigarette lighter receptical.Soldered the negative side to the negative connector wire on the batteries. Then soldered the positive to the positive tap at the top the batteries.Put back together.Then put a dap of silicone in to seal the hole so water can`t leak in. this way I sit the battery in the side pocket and connect the power cable to the lighter recepticale. Now fully mobile.

CosminTX
09-29-2009, 08:49 PM
They co Now fully mobile.

if u don`t mind can u post a pic with your mod. thank you

rwisejr
09-29-2009, 08:58 PM
if u don`t mind can u post a pic with your mod. thank you

As soon as I catch up with my wife and get back the camera

Showroom Shine
09-30-2009, 05:32 AM
They come apart quite easily as the base is only held together by phillps screws . drilled a hole for the cigarette lighter receptical.Soldered the negative side to the negative connector wire on the batteries. Then soldered the positive to the positive tap at the top the batteries.Put back together.Then put a dap of silicone in to seal the hole so water can`t leak in. this way I sit the battery in the side pocket and connect the power cable to the lighter recepticale. Now fully mobile.

WOW! I`m sitting here looking at my Ryobi battery. It`s a 12 volt. I really like the idea. Do you think the 12 will be enough? I really like the Nomad,I just want a different power source. My next idea is to figure a way to hook it to the DC side of my Coleman with the small jumper cables. I`m sure ths will work. Be glad when you post the pic of your hook up!

imported_admin
09-30-2009, 05:44 AM
The extra 6v helps reduce the current requirement on the pump motor. If the battery you have can handle an 8AMP draw in bursts, you should be okay. The Nomad only draws power when you pull the trigger.

Power P = I × V = R × I2 = V2 ⁄ R where power P is in watts, voltage V is in volts and current I is in amperes (DC).

rwisejr
09-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Here are some pic of the finished battery mods

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/rwisejr/Battery%20Mod/BattMod3.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/rwisejr/Battery%20Mod/BattMod1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/rwisejr/Battery%20Mod/BattMod2.jpg

josephclemente
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
I tried a SunForce 5.8 Amp AC/DC Power Converter linked in the first post but it wouldn`t power the Nomad. :(