PDA

View Full Version : POWER Waterless Auto Washer... On The Cheap

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

red kiosk
10-17-2009, 07:39 AM
I just received mine yesterday and will be hooking up my DeWalt 18V battery pack today. Those who will be washing their car in a garage, you might be interested in this garage mat.

Krauss Surface Saver - Features (http://www.garagemat.com/features.htm)

With it`s 3/4" high raised sides, it definitely holds a lot of water. When you are done, just squeegee the water over and out the end of the mat nearest the garage door. I have one, but since I have a drain in my garage, I fitted a shower drain kit to the mat right over the floor drain. Now, any water on the mat just flows down the drain. It keeps the rest of my garage floor clean and dry. It`s also great for collecting all that winter road crud that falls off the car. Soon as Spring comes, I roll it up and store it away till next winter. In fact, I`ll be getting mine out of the crawl space later today, because the outside washing season is definitely gone for the Chicago area. Take care!

Jim

GatorJ
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks for posting this up! I just ordered mine from Kotula`s.

4% rebate if you belong to ebates.com.

danforz
10-22-2009, 02:02 PM
How long does it take to charge the battery? And how long does one charge last?

rwisejr
10-22-2009, 04:28 PM
How long does it take to charge the battery? And how long does one charge last?

The Ryobi batteries take about and hour to charge and last for several cars The Dewalt takes maybe an hour as well but it doesn`t hold the charge as long using it on this unit so I would stick with the Ryobi If you have a choice

Showroom Shine
10-22-2009, 08:04 PM
NOMAD DIED TODAY!

Yes it did! Just glad I was not in the middle of a detail. I had just finished cutting my yard,and was going to spray my truck a bit to get the dust off. Hooked up the Nomad and nothing.No noise after hooking it up. Called the company and was told to fax a copy of my invoice and they would send out another one. So I`ll let you know when I get the replacement. No questions asked. I was Shocked! They must have had a few problems with some of them. Anyone had this happen to their Nomad?

imported_admin
10-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Anyone had this happen to their Nomad?

I have about 20 uses on mine with no issues.

offcenter
10-27-2009, 10:46 AM
I have about 20 uses on mine with no issues.

I have used mine about 10 times with no issues. I purchased a back up unit just in case, I really like the Nomad.

rwisejr
10-27-2009, 01:40 PM
I have used mine about 10 times with no issues. I purchased a back up unit just in case, I really like the Nomad.

I`m at about 15 .This is one of those things that you wish you bought it sooner

Showroom Shine
10-28-2009, 05:34 AM
I was wondering if there is a chance of burning up the unit with the 18 volt bateries. Since the owners manual says it is a 12 volt motor? A car dealer friend of mine just kept pointing out to me that right on the Nomad it says 12 volt! New replacement will be here Thursday. I really missed this machine too!

imported_admin
10-28-2009, 12:30 PM
DC motors are more forgiving than AC. Plus, most automotive systems run on a DC volt range from 12 to 18 volts. My Ford Bronco alternator charges at 16+ volts.

The whole reason I recommended the 18v battery to begin with is because that`s what the large Nomad system uses. It`s not stepping down the power.

rwisejr
10-28-2009, 03:56 PM
DC motors are more forgiving than AC. Plus, most automotive systems run on a DC volt range from 12 to 18 volts. My Ford Bronco alternator charges at 16+ volts.

The whole reason I recommended the 18v battery to begin with is because that`s what the large Nomad system uses. It`s not stepping down the power.

Exactly Why i used it aswell.It runs flawlessly

GeorgesBlazah
10-29-2009, 08:58 AM
I just finally opened my Nomad today. I took a few quick looks at it and the connector that plugs into the machine looks exactly like the one that plugs into my laptop power supply. Would I be able to just use that instead of the whole inverter thing?

imported_admin
10-29-2009, 09:53 AM
George,

The connector is not an issue... the correct power is. The machine needs 12-18v DC at 6+ AMPS to run properly.

GeorgesBlazah
10-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah I wasnt sure if the cable would provide that, that was my main concern.

GeorgesBlazah
10-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Just turned it on...worked for 2 sec then shut off. Now its not doing anything :(. Hopefully I`ll get a replcement.