PDA

View Full Version : tires

woof359
09-17-2009, 11:56 AM
sorry if this has been asked a million times B4, but Im looking to get a certain look from tires, while I dont want them greasy looking IM tring to find somthing to give them a shine, tire black is what i use normaly but while they look super clean they just dont shine like other show cars> Thanks:waxing:

XRL
09-17-2009, 02:18 PM
If you`re looking for a nice matte finish, I recommend Four Star Tire Gel(don`t add an extra star or you get spammy crap), its water based and leaves a nice dark matte finish.

I`ve heard good things about Meguiar`s Endurance tire gels (the non glossy one seems to be liked more than the high gloss vershion).

I also use Armor All Tire Gel when I want something a bit glossier and shinier. It`s also water based, and is actually a surprisingly good product for being an AA product. You might find that you really like it, I`d give this one a shot.

Daniel3507
09-17-2009, 05:18 PM
tuf shine is supposed to be a good tire shine that lasts and isnt greasy at all. my order just came in today and i look forward to trying it out

gofastman
09-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I`m a big fan of Opti-Bond, 303 looks nice too, but NO shine. I have also heard great things about Zaino

vtec92civic
09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
i`ve heard good about zaino and tuff shine as well . . . . but they can be pricey for the little you get. I have been wanting to try the black magic matte finish tire shine, but i can`t find it locally to me

jw
09-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I`ve used tufshine for last few weeks and haven`t been blown away by the looks or durablility.

XRL
09-17-2009, 09:32 PM
i`ve heard good about zaino and tuff shine as well . . . . but they can be pricey for the little you get. I have been wanting to try the black magic matte finish tire shine, but i can`t find it locally to me

Check Walmart and Advance Auto, they usually have it. If not, AA can usually order it. The matte stuff is water based too, so that`s a big plus.

JohnKleven
09-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Pro Blue Ice Gel is fantastic.

John

HiMyNameIsSean
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I really like Black Magic`s stuff in a spray bottle, not the aerosol. Spray it, wait for it to dry a little bit, than buff it to your preferred finish.

RickyMartinZ28
09-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Anyone use Stoner`s Tire Shine?

GeorgesBlazah
09-18-2009, 08:49 AM
I use CG VRT. I love it, not too shiney, but shiney enough that you can see something is on it. Ill see if I can grab a pic on my lunch break. Its water based so I added some in there to cut it down some.

With a topic like this your gonna get a ton of different answers. I would check the detail threads and see what others use on the details and take a look at the product/shine and go from there. Thats what I did.

EDIT - Here are some pics from my phone. Sorry about the quality and lack of sunlight. There isnt too much sun out today :(

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/GeorgesBlazah/Moble/CIMG0069.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/GeorgesBlazah/Moble/CIMG0068.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/GeorgesBlazah/Moble/CIMG0067.jpg

Also excuse my rusty rotor, I need to paint that damn thing. :nervous:

woof359
09-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Looks good, you just gotta ask around and try differant thing some times, thanks for the pics

silkstone
09-20-2009, 05:55 AM
sorry if this has been asked a million times B4, but Im looking to get a certain look from tires, while I dont want them greasy looking IM tring to find somthing to give them a shine, tire black is what i use normaly but while they look super clean they just dont shine like other show cars> Thanks:waxing:

IMO alot of different looks from different tires-- same product. Because of the manufacturing process of some tires, one product may appear greasy to a brand X, yet look just fine on brand Y.

I have used about 14 different products on my personal vehicle, out of that 14, 2 of the products browned`* my tires after a rain. Yet other people have had no such experience with the same 2 products.