PDA

View Full Version : Leater cleanng tools

rusty64
09-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Have anyone advice tool for Leather cleaning? Please!

Thank You,

imported_Jakerooni
09-17-2009, 12:12 PM
I`ve used a lot of different things over the years. But for simplicity I really like a woolite mix of 10:1 and a Mf towel. If really grungy a steamer works great as well. (as seen in quite a few of my write ups) Leather can be a finicky beast. Just like paint always start with the most gentle method possible and work your way up from there. Leather can damage quite eaisily if you go after it too aggressively.

Dsoto87
09-17-2009, 12:17 PM
I too like woolite ( as long as you clean/rinse it well). I like to first scrub it with a brush. If your looking for a good cheap OTC brush, go to target and go to the section where they sell shoe polishes. They should have a horsehair brush from kiwi. Its just the right size imo.

Jake, have you used leatherique or leathermasters, etc? I would like to try some but I dont have the money especially when the woolite mix is so cheap and effective.

imported_Jakerooni
09-17-2009, 12:29 PM
I haven`t tried either of those. But they do get pretty rave reviews. I`m stubborn in the way of "if it`s not broken don`t fix it" My methods seem to net exceptional results so I haven`t strayed much.

rusty64
09-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Dsoto87 , Jakerooni

Thank You for response

Great advice for me.

JohnKleven
09-17-2009, 08:01 PM
My favorite brush EVER is the Swissvax leather brush. It`s basically a shoe polish brush, but it works excellent.

John