PDA

View Full Version : New Optimum Hyper Compound

GregCavi
11-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Well its out now. Anyone tried it yet. From the sound of it Im guessing its in the menzerna powergloss neighborhood.

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-hyper-compound.html

Greg

SVR
11-30-2005, 05:09 AM
No haven`t tried it.
It states at autogeek that it can leave a haze. powergloss and no other brand of compound I have does.
I like opt polish and may try compound but will let others test and review the hyper before I contemplate purchasing it

Mad iX
11-30-2005, 07:11 AM
I`ve just placed an order for some today, as apparently it will work with a PC, just with a long working time. From what I`ve seen, it will finish down as well as PG, but doesn`t have as much cut. So I think the warning on Autogeek is just that: a warning.
OCC was really quite weak for me for a `compound` so I suppose that`s why they`re releasing this product.
The only other compounds I have are PG and SSR3 and both finish quite nicely, but I`d still rather do an additional polishing step especially on darker colors.
I`m quite keen to try this new OHC by DA and rotary and see how it goes.

jdoria
06-11-2006, 08:15 PM
I know this is an old thread, but can anyone comment about Optimum Hyper Compound?

budman3
06-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I like it. I have only used it with a rotary though. Not sure how it would turn out with a PC. It works in pretty fast but it gives you plenty of time. Here is what I did with OHC and a LC Orange cutting pad:

http://webpages.charter.net/kmford/corolla/corolla/P1010021.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/kmford/corolla/corolla/P1010022.jpg

It`s not as easy to work with as Optimum Polish but it gets the job done.

jdoria
06-12-2006, 08:41 AM
I plan on using it with a rotary. Can you clean it up with Menzerna FPII and a PC or do you need something more aggressive?

mgm2003
06-12-2006, 10:10 AM
What has been improved over the old version?

chml17l
06-12-2006, 10:22 AM
I was a little confused myself when this thread resurfaced. I think that this is just old news (about 7 months ago) and there is not another new improved OHC version.

LikeaRock
06-12-2006, 10:31 AM
I`ve had great successs with it. Some things I`ve learned while using it are you can`t work in the sun or on a hot surface, you`ll have a hell of a time if you`re forced to work in the sun. If you have a clean pad it will create very little dust and will go quite a ways. On darker colors it does leave a bit of a haze but it does a great job of cutting out moderate imperfections With the yellow Edge pad there`s almost nothing it can`t handle.

jdoria
06-12-2006, 10:33 AM
On darker colors it does leave a bit of a haze but it does a great job of cutting out moderate imperfections With the yellow Edge pad there`s almost nothing it can`t handle.

Is the haze something that Menzerna FPII or PO85 will take out?

LikeaRock
06-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Is the haze something that Menzerna FPII or PO85 will take out?
I haven`t used either but I don`t see why not. My three main polishes are Presta 1500, Swirl Remover, and Optimum Polish. All three can remove hazing without any difficulty. If you`ve got a pretty damaged surface to start with Hyper Compound is a great first step!

SVR
06-13-2006, 01:01 AM
So far I have detailed two cars using it and prima etc and I really like it
long working time and low dust. Certainly weaker than PG but still very effective

BLACKWRX
06-13-2006, 09:23 PM
this sounds like a good product.... i am using rubbing compound ( 3m ) it works pretty good, but is a mess to work with and leaves an extreme haze.......will OPTIMUM HYPER COMPOUND solve my problem?

LikeaRock
06-14-2006, 10:35 AM
this sounds like a good product.... i am using rubbing compound ( 3m ) it works pretty good, but is a mess to work with and leaves an extreme haze.......will OPTIMUM HYPER COMPOUND solve my problem?
Hyper Compound will still leave a haze but it`s nothing major, like I said I can remove the hazing with a swirl remover polish (I only skip right to this on lighter cars).
Don`t use a LOT of HC, a little bit goes a long way. A thin beads will easily cover a panel if you spread it around right. I switched from Presta Ultra Cutting Creme which created mad amounts of dust and didn`t have a long work time at all, so I switched to HC and haven`t looked back!